RED ALERT

A/N: Remember, tell me in the inline comments if you spot a typo. It takes forever to look through over 2000 words just to find one little spelling mistake. At this point I've given up on double checking, so it's always helpful to point out something missing or wrong. And now, since school is coming to a close and I gotta write these in between studying for tests. I present to you, a long, fight-scene included chapter,

Enjoy-

Aphmau's POV:

Kyle dragged me through the doorway on the right, leading me down the hallways. They looked to be where the Agents would sleep. The room after the hall we were in opened our into a huge area. Full of couches, a place that probably led to the kitchens and doors to offices and training rooms. Parts of the ceiling and walls were shaking.

"Kyle!" I turned to him.

"We ran out of space for this space underground when it was being built, so some of this is disguised out in the open.

"Disguised? As what?!" I pulled out my gun. Alarms were blaring, the entire Headquarters was flashing red. Warriors were coming out from everywhere. Some in mission suits, some in pajamas or casual day clothes.

Each of them realized what was happening and those who didn't have one already got anything they could to use it as a mask. However most just transformed into their mission suits.

"Where are they?" Kyle muttered.

Suddenly, one of the steel plates in the ceiling started shaking more. I could here banging and see sparks on the side of it.

"SCATTER!" One of the Warriors shouted. They moved apart just in time for the plate to fall, smashing into the marble floor of the Agency's center.

Shadow knights dropped in from the gap, I could see the sky past them. A woman kept out of the automatic doors that we had come through.

"Maria, get moving! Hawkeye, on the frontline. And- Hey pretty boy, either shoot somebody or run, we don't know any walking liabilities." She started barking orders while aiming her rifle at the head of an oncoming Shadow Knight, successfully getting the bullet in through the gap between the helmet and chest piece in the armor.

"The Second-in." Kyle's eyes widened.

"The Second-in?" I asked.

"Goldeneye." He nodded.

The sounds of fighting and gunshots reminded me what was going on.

I spun around to look at the gap in the ceiling.

"We need to get up there," I said, determined.

"Use your grapple, I'll hold on." Kyle said.

"Slight problem with that-" I grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him behind a sofa just as a laser beam went over us. "I don't have it, the cord snapped." I held my king to my chest and pressed my back to the couch.

"Damnit," He grumbled. "Guess we've gotta do this without shortcuts."

"Cover me, I'm gonna find a way up." With a curt nod, Kyle got up and shielded me from the SKs sight, giving me a chance to sprint to a staircase.

I crouched at the top of the staircase and looked through the banister.

Everyone was fighting. A Werewolf girl was rolling on the ground with one of the Shadow Knights, both seemingly evenly matched in strength.

A Meif'wa was helping a guy who looked pretty beaten up to get out of the battle safely and who I think I recognized as Blaze and Liochant were fighting back to back. Blaze with his hands, Lio with a sword.