The Truth about Phoenix High

Aphmau's POV:

"Holy hell!" A voice echoed through the basement and I looked back.

"Kyle, shush!" I grabbed his hoodie and yanked him towards me. "Are you sure we don't need anyone to keep watch?"

"Positive, I reinforced the door." He beamed, sticking out his chest.

Little did I know Kyle's version of 'reinforced' included pipe cleaners, washy tape and-

"Where's your gum?" I asked.

"Finished it," Kyle shrugged. "Had the whole packet while you were exploring."

-Whatever was left of that gum once he was done with it.

Cue the 'yucks'.

"Guys!" Emmalyn whisper-shouted and we ran to her. Through a doorway in the darkness was another room. It had another computer screen, except this one took up an entire wall. There was one single control panel along with a keyboard in the center of it.

"Aren't you supposed to be keeping watch?" Emmalyn narrowed her eyes at Kyle.

"You say that as if you're unhappy to see me," He grinned and spread his arms.

"I already don't like you, don't give me another reason not to." She glared at him before walking over to Emily.

"I like her," Kyle smiled.

"You do? She repeatedly said she doesn't like you since you met her, which I can't blame her for." I gave him a playful glare, reminding him about the Heli-plane incident.

Heli-plane, a Helicopter with the controls of a plane. A.k.a Why Kyle should never be in charge of a break out.

I think I'm gonna stick to that name.

"She cares about you. She's mad at me because I nearly got you killed. That shows that she genuinely cares about you." He chuckled. "And a friend of yours is a friend of mine, whether they like me or not." And with that, Kyle marched over to her. I rolled my eyes, smiling, and stood next to Red. Turning my attention to the screen, I noticed it was just like the other one, completely blank, lit up by blue.

"Can we turn it on?" Emily asked.

"Shouldn't be too hard.." Red cracked his fingers before tampering with the control panel. "Aph, can you pull the black lever for me."

I froze, remembering the last time I was out in a situation like this.

"What would happen if I mess up?" I stared at the panel.

"It wouldn't turn on and you'd try again..?" Red gave me a strange look and I shook my head, silently pull the lever. "Thanks.." I didn't look any of them in the eye as Red continued. After a few seconds, a beep sounded and the screen started working.

"Sweet! Now let's see what's on this sucker." Emily grinned, rubbing her hands together. As Red flicked one last switch, the blue screen turned white. As it booted up, the same blue dragon symbol flashed on screen. It faded to reveal a desktop.

"What've we got?" Kyle leaned forward.

"What's that?" Emmalyn pointed at one of the folders, ignoring the elbow Kyle was resting on her shoulder.