Logan Gets me Out of School

Aphmau's POV:

"Logan?"

"Shh! Not so loud loud!" He rolled his eyes. It was dark, but I could make out his blonde hair and purple-blue eyes in the light of the single lamp.

"Hold up, are you..?" My brain registered what he was wearing; dark blue pants, a uniform shirt of the same color, a white tee underneath, he even had an id of some kind strapped to his shirt pocket.

But the thing that made it clear was the mop in his hand.

"Logan.. Are you- pfft," I covered my mouth to keep me from laughing. "Are you the janitor?" Now, there was nothing wrong with Janitors, I'd known some in my life who were really nice.

No, what made this hilarious is that I never thought I'd see the day the 'Big bad Logan' would be mopping floors in some high school.

"Laugh and I will personally murder you, Phoenix." I completely disregarded his warning and bursted out laughing.

"Oh! This is too good.. Where's my phone, I gotta take a picture of this?" I wiped a tear from my eye and saw Logan glaring holes in my head. "Y'know what? Changed my mind." I grinned sheepishly.

"I need to talk to you-"

"No duh," I scoffed, smirking at him. "What was with the whole pulling me in- uh, are we in the janitors closet?" When Logan rolled his eyes I took that as a yes and continued. "Why didn't you just, oh I don't know, talk to me?"

"I'm the Janitor." Logan emphasized and I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing again.

Wait 'till the others hear he's gonna have to clean up our messes.

I bit back an evil smirk as I formed a plan to mess with Logan.

"I don't exactly have the freedom to just walk up to a kid and talk to them." He continued while I almost forgot what we were talking about.

"Why not?" I moved my hands behind me and felt what I assumed to be the bucket for the mop. Weighing it out and feeling it was empty, I turned it over to make a seat and sat down.

They really need more lights in this closet, the measly one dangling from the ceiling by a chain wasn't enough to light the whole thing up.

"In your two weeks of being here did you ever see the old janitor?" He asked. I thought for a moment and nodded.

"Yeah, I did actually. Even just for a second."

"Were they ever there when there wasn't anything to clean up?" I was bout to say 'yes' when I realized he was right.

"Why didn't you talk through the earpiece, then?"

"And make you look crazy by talking to yourself in the hallway? I was doing you a favor, since you can't seem to keep your cover by yourself."

I didn't question him anymore, mainly because of that last thing.

Gulping, I took in a sharp breath.

Did he know about Emmalyn?

"Fair enough," I didn't push. "So, Commander, why am I here?"

"Donna thought it would be good for you and the others to know I'm now stationed here.. With this stupid job." Logan muttered, sitting down on what I think was a stool.

"So, we come to the janitors closet instead of the nurses office? Got it. That'll be a little harder to do inconspicuously, but we can manage."

"That's not it." He said, catching my attention. "About your grappling hook.."