Rivals

Aphmau's POV:

"HEY, HEY, break it up you two!" Mr. Dale grabbed Michi by her shoulders and yanked her back while Mr. Arnold, who was containing Emily, yelled at them.

I closed the doors silently and made my way to John.

"What happened?" I muttered, not taking my eyes off the scene.

"No clues, ones minutes everything is fines, the next's Em's sees her ands they're ons the grounds fightings." He said, using his accent because of the crowd around them.

"Hi! Red, nice to meet ya'." I turned to see Red holding a hand in front of me.

What is he..?

"Hey Jess, I told him since he's new he needs to introduce himself to some people." Emmalyn winked, making me understand.

"Jess," I shook his hand, playing along.

"Barneys," John grinned. As the crowd dispersed, we sat down on the bench at the side, quietly talking.

"Alright, why did she attack Michi," I dropped the act, narrowing my eyes at the cat-girl. "And weren't her eyes yellow?" They widened when I saw in place of her bright yellow cat-like eyes they were now a dark, faded green.

"Contacts, maybe?" Emmalyn suggested.

"Do you guys know where the others are?" Red asked.

"Jin's class is at the far end of the East wing, they'd still be having a lesson." I said.

"Max and Ross have Math, and Adam's got science on the top floor." John explained.

"The only reason we're here is because our class is right outside. Mr. Dale heard the commotion and told us to wait in the class." Emmalyn shrugged.

"But naturally, nobody listened." Red grinned.

"Wait- Mr. Dale is your History teacher?" I turned to them. "I thought he was a Math teacher."

"I thought he was an English teacher." John raised his eyebrow.

"I think he's a lot of things." Red looked past us and I turned.

"Heya," Emily walked to us and sat down next to John. She had a few scratches on face and was holding an ice pack to her forehead, I could just make out a bruise underneath it.

"Emvie, right?" I checked, trying to remember the name she was going to use.

"Yup," She nodded and cracked her knuckles.

"Em, what were you thinking?" Red asked her.

"She deserves it!" She grumbled.

"You don't even know he-"

"Yes I do!" She snapped. By now, we were the only ones in the Gym. The crowd was gone and- since the Gym teacher took Michi to the Principle's office -the students had left, too.

"Emily?" I was concerned. She sighed and groaned, leaning her head against the wall.

"It was just before I came to the Agency.." She began.

***

I was walking down the road, nobody was there, after all.

I had just gotten an assignment to take out the leader of this gang in Nahakra village..

"Alright, now to the left should be the entrance-" I mumbled, stopping when I heard some commotion. "Great, I got company." Whipping out my pocket knife, I pulled up my hood and settled the bandana around my mouth and nose. I crept along the wall as I peeked past the corner, grip tightening on the weapon when I saw what was happening.