Early-morning Disappointments

A/N: Last chapter I was trying to get Polly's character down, but it might have been a little OOC. Just want to say, if she seems to nice at times, it's because this will be a mix of both Pollys from both dimensions. So that way it makes it more interesting. Also, since nobody seems to have solved the journal entry:

In the journal entry Irene wrote, look at the first letter of every sentence, not line, sentence. I admit, I got the idea for that from FandomQueenMC with her book Blossoms, because that was really clever.

Aphmau's POV:

Amethyst class?

You're kidding me.

The way the DIVINE system worked was complicated, but the simpler side of it basically revolved around 'Class' and 'Rank'.

There were two types for each one. You had individuals Ranks and Classes, then group Ranks and Classes.

The individual ones were both numbers. Individual Ranks were what place you were in the Agency. If you had joined when there were already a hundred agents, you'd be Rank one hundred and one. But if you worked hard you could move up, making it up to Rank ninety. Ranks were constantly shifting, up until the top twenty. That's when Ranks became harder to move.

I'm Rank one, and you do not want to know how hard I had to work to get to that spot.

Individual Classes were for teams. Everyone had at least one spy partner, the maximum being two, but most had a spy team. John and Adam were my partners, but everybody who came on the mission- with the exception of Red, Emily, and the Unofficials, are part of my team. Our team is Rank one since we're some of the top agents.

Group Ranks were nothing special, it was basically what you did. My Rank would be field agent, Donna's would be Commander, Polly's would be researcher, etc.

Agents weren't the only ones who worked in the Agency, after all.

Finally, Group Classes. Group Classes were the level of each agent besides their Rank.

It was their skill level.

There were a bunch of Classes, then there was the one I despised the most.

The Amethyst Class.

I was Emerald Class, the highest anybody had ever gotten since the time my Mom was still around. Amethyst Class was the next Class above.

For nearly two years I had been stuck in Emerald Class, Amethyst Class is impossible!

You have to go through a series of tests and training, the computer will then decide if you're ready for it.

So if the picks were supposed to be for an Amethyst Class agent,

I was doomed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If we believe in John Cena, we skip to Saturday morning)

I held the letter in my hand, ready to open it.

I had spent yesterday trying and failing at using the picks in one of the abandoned buildings near the house. There were about a million of them.

I had gotten far enough so I could dig the picks into something and pull my self up, but I hadn't figured out how to repeat it in order to climb anything. So all I was good for was holding onto a wall with my feet planted on it.