Small Adjustments

A/N: It's late once again, so I'll edit this tomorrow.

Okay, I did it! I entered this and the first book in the wattys. I don't know how it works, or if you have to vote or do something else, but wish me skill.

(And yes, I mean skill. One time I told my friend (Not Midnight for once) good luck, and she told me luck didn't get you anywhere, skill did, so now I say good skill instead. Anyway, you may proceed-)

Aphmau's POV:

"That's it." I finished.

"You're trying to stop some guy who has his own army, plus another guy who has his own army, by yourself?" Zane summed up. "And nobody is helping you with this."

"Even if they were, it doesn't concern you. You asked about me, so I'm telling you about me." I hadn't told him about the others, nor the fact that there were agencies and spies just like me. I didn't even tell him that I was a spy, just that I was on a mission to stop these guy.

Although, he probably thought I meant a self-mission or something like that.

"Alright.." He started. "And who does the make you, exactly?"

I paused to think for a moment before smirking.

"Jessica," I said.

"Jessica?"

"Does it matter? A name is just a name. You could call me Apple for all I'd care, I'd still be the same person, wouldn't I?" I closed my journal and slipped it in my bag.

"What do I do?" Zane asked suddenly.

"Excuse me?"

"If I'm in this mess, I dot just want to be a bystander. Normally I wouldn't want to help anyone, but this isn't for you! This is for my own curiosity!" He got all defensive.

"Sureeee, it is.." I rolled my eyes. "Fine, what else do you know about Garte?" Zane took in a sharp breath and took his back pack, rummaging through it. Pulling something out of it, he turned back to me.

"My Father uses me as a messenger sometimes, making me leave letters in weird places." Zane explained. "I know he's up to something and the only time I tried to ask him what it was he got mad at me. Garroth's too stupid to take the subtle hints e leaves, and Vlyad would question everything, so I Em get stuck with the job." I realized what he had in his hand was a letter.

"I'm supposed to drop this on the top of the trophy shelf, the one outside the gym. But I have a better idea.."

"Baby brother, yoo-hoo! Where'd you go?!" Garroth's voice echoed through the library.

"Uh- Gah! Doesn't he know you're supposed to be quiet here? I thought I lost him.." Zane grumbled, slapping his forehead. He slipped the letter back in his bag. "I have to leave. As stupid as Garroth is, he'll still get suspicious if he sees me socializing all of a sudden. Hopefully, no one takes the letter once I leave it there." I got the hint he dropped as he stood up, running past the corner.

I counted o ten slowly in my head before following, taking my time go through the halls that lead out the Library.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------