Crash Landing

Aphmau's POV:

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

"I would lie and say yes but since I nearly crashed us into the side of that building, you tell me."

We had just left the Island as now we were flying over the Ocean. Although, I had to nearly slam into the side of a building in order to get that far. Uni had passed out after that happened and somehow Greenie had slept through it-  he had decided to take a nap -so it was just me and Kyle.

Now, as I've said before, Kyle was the strangest agent I had ever met.

He always seemed to be in the right place at the right time, despite his entrances being questionable, and he did a lot of things other wouldn't dream of.

He had a mission suit, yet he never wore it. He just wore dark, normal clothes on missions. Even in the Agency. He didn't even have a mask, for some reason he just went on missions without them.

In the helicopter he was wearing a black t-shirt, a dark green- almost black -shirt that wasn't buttoned at all, blue jeans and neon orange, yes neon orange, canvas sneakers.

Orange is a nice colour, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. Why would he ever think making it neon would camouflage it?

Other than that, he also was different when it came to his code name, he was just 'Agent Kyle'.

I never understood how he managed to just do all of that without ever causing a commotion about his identity, or getting in trouble with the Commanders.

"Hey Kyle," Something had been bothering me. "Airplanes and Helicopters have different controls, right?" I asked.

"What? Yeah, of course they do." Kyle nodded. My forehead scrunched up and I looked back and forth between Kyle and the controls. After five minutes we had gotten used to how shaky the flight was. Occasionally we would drop drastically or shoot up into the air, but other than that it wasn't too bad.

"Wh- Then why are these controls the same?!" My gaze went back to the control panel when I noticed things were beeping and meters were going haywire.

"Funny story-"

"What did you do?!"

"Well, I got in the closest helli to me so nobody would notice, which just happened to be one that everyone had used way too much. Probably has too many miles on it- do helicopters even get miles in them?"

"Kyle, focus." I reminded him as I started flipping down of the switches.

"Right! So, anyway, apparently it was missing some stuff- not too important - but before I could get another one I was spotted, so here we are."

"Kyle.." I started slowly, already beginning to grit my teeth. "What exactly was missing?"

He gulped.

I gave him a pointed look and he sighed.

"Uh, heh. Y'know," His voice for a few octaves higher, signaling he was nervous. "An engine, a rotor and one of the blades, and the controls, nothing important.."

"WHAT?" I spun around to glare at him, I would've forgotten I was flying if it wasn't for the constant beeping reminding me. "Not only did you get us a second-hand escape helicopter, but it's a Handicap too?!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I replaced some of the stuff with spare parts in the corner, so it should mostly be fine."

"And you're saying this now?" I took a sharp breath as the rest of the stable controls suddenly started going haywire.