Epilogue

'Song-Your Heart by Damien Dawn'

'This is how I picture they look when Jack met Megan for the first time'

Jane POV

My body feels like lead. I could feel the pressure of something on my forehead. Suddenly my eye is prided open. There stood my six year old son with a smile on his face as he removes his hand from my face. I sit up in bed and look over at the clock on the nightstand and it read 5:30 in bright red numbers. I am quick to rub the sleepiness from my eyes. I look over at my shoulder to see Kathy still asleep. I carefully climb out of bed and pick up Jack before he can wake up his mama. We walk down the hall and into his room. Once I sit him down on his bed the door creaks open causing me to look up at it. I roll my eyes when I see Megan standing their with her blanket held tightly against her chest.

I motion her to me, where she crawls onto my lap and lays her head on my shoulder. I smile down lovingly down at them and I pull them close and pull the blankets up us and hold them close to my chest. Megan is 4 and really shy. She rarely talks not unless its absolutely necessary, where as Jack is the bubbly little boy that he is. He's always talking and has something to say. It's uncommon to see him in one place or position for a long period of time. Him and his sister get along very well. You will never see one without the other. It's so cute. I soon hear their light snores and I soon find myself falling back to sleep.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

I am pulled from my slumber once again by the sound of clicking and quick flash going off. I peel my eyes open to see Kathy standing over us with a her phone in hand. I roll my eyes before I carefully move from the kids and place the blanket over the two. We quietly close their door before we head down the stairs. Kathy went straight for the stove in the kitchen to start breakfast while I took a seat at the island and watch her move around the kitchen with ease. I can't believe 6 years ago we were moving into our new house after all that had happened. I remember when we finally got settled in and finally had time for ourselves. We wouldn't leave our bedroom for days until we had to leave to eat and what not. Kathy got a job as a music teacher in the near by town and I went back to school online and finished my degree.

I remember how happy I was that I was now a high school graduate. With the little money that we had coming in, I took on two jobs to help out. I applied to the local police academy and was immediately accepted and by the time we adopted Jack I was finishing up my last year in the academy at the age of 21 and Jack was 3. Not even a year later, we soon adopted Megan when she was 2. I remember the first time we brought her home and the look on Jack's was priceless. He stared at her was amazement and love to the point it made my heart swell.

Now two years later and Kathy is the most favorable teacher in the school or that's what the kids say, and I'm the Chief of Police. I love what I do and I know that Kathy feels the same way. I pulled from my memories when my beautiful wife sets down a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon with a side of toast, in front of me. I watch her as she places her down as well. I reach across the counter and grab her hand in mine and I stare lovingly into her eyes causing a blush to form on her face. We eat in comfortable silence as the sound of the clock on the wall, ticks away the seconds.

Not too long after we hear the pitter patter of two pairs of little feet run down the hall and then the stairs and into the kitchen. I look over just as the kids burst into the room looking around for the food. With a light chuckle, I stand from my seat and clean my now empty plate and put it in the sink. Walking back over the little rugrats, I pick one up at a time and place them on a chair as Kathy sets their plates in front them. They soon dig in making me smile as Jack get the food all over his face and Megan looks at him like he just spit in her food by all the food dripping off his chin and onto the counter.