Chapter 22

Jane POV

I laid on my bed in my room. The Alpha deemed me ready to be alone by myself. He has seen me get better these past couple of days. Using the new ability I learned, I watched Kathy playing with the pups in the front yard. She chased them with a playful growl.

The pups screamed with laughter as tried their best to get away. As Kathy chased after one little pup, others came racing at her. They all jumped onto her, knocking her to the ground with a thump. The giggling pups climbed off her as she sat up with a playful glare and small smile upon her face.

A deep laugh filled the air. Ashton made his way to Kathy and scooped up two pups in his arms, making them squeal with laughter. Ashton played with the pups and some tried climbing up his back. Kathy was kneeling in the grass and tickling some girls with the biggest smile ever.

As I watch, I felt a pinch of jealousy. Bring myself back to my room, I sat up in my bed only to have my head pulled down onto the pillow. I stared at the ceiling in confusion for a second before I lifted my hands to my head.

Searching for the cause, I felt my one of my many earrings got caught in the fabric of the pillow. I tried to untangle the mess but only made in worse. I huffed in annoyance. That's it! I thought as I removed my earring. I lifted my head and looked at the pillow.

My earring was so tangled with the fabric that it looks like it had practically infused itself together. I rolled my eyes and got up from my bed and made my way downstairs. I entered the kitchen and searched the drawers for what I needed.

I found the scissors and pulled from the drawer. About to turn and head for the stairs, I stopped when I suddenly heard my name being called. I turned and looked out the back door to see Kathy and Ashton waving me over.

I smiled and opened the door. I moved through the shaded deck and leaned against the pillar. Kathy rolled her head as she huffed and through her arms down. I chuckled and stepped off the deck.

As I walked my body got extremely hot. I began sweating. I looked down and saw my arm covered in red blisters. I weakly lifted my head up and stared at Ashton in fear. What's happening? My legs suddenly gave out from under me causing me to collapse to the ground.

Ashton and Kathy were at my side in seconds. Ashton carefully picked me up. I rested my head against his chest as my eyes slow closed. My body was on fire. It hurt so much. I'm losing my mind, all I can focus on is the pain. Why is this happening to me?

Kathy POV

One minute we were laughing and having fun, then the next Jane looks like she has 3rd degree burns. Ashton carried her into the house and to the bathroom with me hot on his heels.

He stopped and placed her on the floor. He began taking off her shoes and pants, along with her jacket, leaving her in her black underwear and tank top. He quickly filled the tub with cold water and turned to me.

"Kathy, you're going to have to listen to me, ok?" He started off. I nodded my head for him to continue. "We are going to put her in the tub and no matter what you and me have to make sure that she doesn't get out, alright?" I slowly nodded. What was he planning.

Picking her up again, he set her into the tub and we waited right next to her. About five minutes later Jane started flailing and kicking. She was screaming bloody murder. Ashton jumped up and pushed her farther into the water. He pushed her in by her shoulders and arms while I pushed her hips and legs.

What's happening to her? Why is she freaking out? "STOP! IT HURTS! MAKE IT STOP!" Jane yelled on the top of her lungs. Tears running down her face as she fought us.

A small crowd slowly formed from all the screaming that Jane was doing. Then Jane's movements calmed but still kicked and whimpered. Ashton's eyes widen at her. My gaze turned and landed on her. I froze. Her eyes rolled back and I watched as the white in her eyes turned pure black. The red and black veins that forms on the surface of her skin when she feeds, randomly appeared. Forming mostly around her eyes.

"Shit!" I heard as I continued to stare. Ashton turned and ordered one of the on lookers to get the pack doctor and for the others to leave. They quickly ran off. Ashton placed his hands onto Jane's shoulders and pushed her completely under water. She flailed and scratched at us.

She got lose and pushed Ashton into the walk with inhuman strength. I crawled out of the tub, looking completely healed. I turned to stare at Aston only to see fear and anger in his eyes.

"Jane! Stop this! What are you doing!?" I yelled as I stepped in front of her. What I saw shocked me to the core. Her once dark blue eyes were the deepest red I have ever seen. She looked at me with hunger. Jane reached her hand up and placed it lightly on my shoulder.

But what I didn't expect was for her to pushed like throw me into the wall. I gasp in pain as my back hit the hard tile walls. Tears sting the back of my eyes as I helplessly watched her slowly walk toward Ashton.

He didn't have time to react as she jumped onto him and drove her fangs into his skin were his neck meets his shoulder. Ashton yelled in pain as she drained him. He slowly paled more than usual and his eyes slowly fluttered close.

By then the doctor bursted into the room to see the scene before her. Me against the far walls looking like a got into a bad fight and Jane killing Ashton.

Her eyes widen in terror and quickly pulled some kind of syringe from her bag and stabbed it onto Jane's neck. She fell limp onto the floor. I sighed in relief before sleep took over me. The last thing I said was "Ashton, is he ok? Please be ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hey guys! So some crazy things happened. What do you think happened to Jane? What will happen to Ashton?'

'Please comment on what you think will happen'

'Please vote and comment'