Chapter 37

'Song-Nightcore-I Don't Wanna Live Forever-Switching Vocals'

Jane POV

I sat there on the bench with Kathy in my arms. I sit there with a small smile, but it doesn't stay there for long. I'm going to find that motherfucker and I'm going to rip their head off. They are going to pay for what they did to me, my brother, my family. I will not allow them to get away with this. As I think the familiar scent awakes me from my thoughts. I look up to see Ashton standing on the back patio.

I stand up and bring Kathy with me. We walk towards Ashton as he stands there with a serious expression and I bet that my wasn't any different. Once we stood face to face, his serious face turns into one of sadness. "I'm sorry, Jane. I wish I had come back with you." I shake my head and look up at him. "It's not your fault. If anything, it was mine. I should've sensed that there was an intruder. I was too caught up in seeing Kathy again that I wasn't thinking straight." I defend.

I clear my throat to rid of the awkwardness. I motioned him inside and make my way into the house. They follow me through the building and into Christian's room. I sit in the corner of the room as Kathy sitting on my lap and Ashton talks to Christian. As I listen, I hear Ashton tell and teach Christian the same things as he did for me.  I watch as my little brother slowly smiles. I watch as he is told of all the ways of not to be a monster. I watch as I see a little piece of him is reforming again. As I watch, I think to myself, that I am no longer alone. Yes, I have Ashton but I happy that I will have a piece of my family, my home with me for the rest of eternity.

I will protect him. I will keep him safe. I look down at Kathy in my arms. I can feel my heart throb at the thought of losing her fills my head. I have to ask Ashton if it's possible for me to turn her as well. If I can then it would be up to Kathy to make that decision. I will not take that choice from her like I did to Christian. I still can't forgive myself, even if he forgave me because to him, I saved his life.

I'm guessing she can feel my stare as she turns her head to look as me with a worried stare. Her eyes asking if I'm ok. To tell her what's wrong. I still have a habit of hiding my real feelings from people. I lock them away until I can't take it. I still cut, only now they don't scar. They heal very quickly. My wrists are still littered with old scars from before I turned. Kathy still doesn't know about them. I'm so ashamed of myself. I hate my depression. I hate that my body feels like it's shutting out when I need it the most.

I hate myself. I hate myself for who I am. I'm a coward, a pest in their lives. I hate that I'm not good enough for someone like Kathy. I'm suddenly pulled from my head when Kathy places her hand on my face. A sigh leaves me as I lean into her touch. The sparks and tingles run through me, making my undead heart beat fast. Opening my eyes, I see Ashton motioning us down the stairs and that includes Christian as well. 

He drank the blood and is now a full vampire. When we enter the living room, I see that everyone has gathered in a circle around the room. I sit down on the far end of the couch and as far from my family. Like I have always done, being distant. Kathy once again sits on my lap as Christian sits next to Paul on the love couch, and Ashton stands in the corner of the room. Being the creep that he is. 

We all sat in silence waiting for someone to break it and by the looks of it, it's going to be mum. She can't keep still in her seat as she stares at Christian as tears fill her eyes. Not too soon had passed until she jumps from her seat and tackles him into her chest. When she finally calms down, she sits back in her seat as Ashton begins.  We're coming for you, you bastard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hey guys, sorry that this chapter is short. But I hope that you like it. Please vote and don't be afraid to comment. Comment if there is misspelling, if something doesn't seem right, or if you have a question, or just simply want to let your thoughts on my book known. Thank you.'