Chapter 27

^Song: Nightcore-Good Enough (Switching Vocals) by Cimorelli^

Jane POV

I don't ever remember feeling this empty before. The ceiling was the only interesting thing right now, that my mind didn't fight with my heart. It's just.... bare. No sound, just silence. I soon pushed myself up on the bed, bored. Walking to the door, I opened it and made my way down the stairs.

I was told to stay in my room until Finny and Lenny were done talking to Ashton. But do they honestly believe that I'm going to sit in the boring silence of my room? Trying to make my steps and presents unnoticed, I slowly crept down the stairs. I only got have way before I stopped. "Why would you do that to her?! You know the pain the she's going through, so why do that?!" I hear Finny shout as if it was the end of the world.

"I...you wouldn't understand." Ashton sighed. Lenny huffed as Finny crossed his arms over his chest. "How would we not understand?" Finny rolled his eyes in sarcasm. "I've been alive for hundreds of years and I've been alone for a long time. I searched for my mate for the longest time, before I gave up. I thought I was going to be alone for the rest of my life. But then I met Kathy. She was a fierce girl. Loved everything and tried to help so many people. One day she came to me saying that she made a new best friend. Someone that she truly trusted.

Ever since then she would call me and talk for hours about Jane. The more I knew about her the more I began to fall for her. I never even met her and I was in love with her. Then one night, there she was. I could tell it was her from the many details that Kathy told me. Jane was in danger and I had to help her. But when I relized that she was Kathy's mate, my heart broke. I tried to hold myself back for a long time and when Kathy rejected her, my instincts took over and did that." Ashton finished, leaving a shock Lenny and Finny with their mouths hunging open.

I rolled my eyes. I can see the reason why he did such a thing, but he has to know that I don't see him that way. That I'm a lesiban. Thinking that this was the perfect time to come out, I continued down the stairs and was met with them staring at me. "You have know right to love me. You have a mate out there. You may not find them immedently but you will find them. Not taking someone else's mate. Even though I was rejected, I'm still her mate, her other half. I will forgive you." My voice was cold and stern.

Finny jumped from his spot and stood in front of me. "You can't be serious, Jane." He looked at me with confusion and concern. "He forced himself onto you. You can't possiably forgive him." Moving my gaze from Finny back to Ashton again. "Only if you continue to train me and that you don't try something like that again. Then I'll forgive you." I stated. Ashton's face brightened and he quickly nodded his head.

I gave them a little smile before I turned to Lenny. "Len? Can I borrow your guitar?" I asked. Confusion over his features but he still nodded. Stepping out of the room and returning a few minutes later, he handed his guitar to me. Nodding my head to them, I made my way up the stairs and into my room. Closing the door, I began to strum the strings. As I open my mouth to start to sing.

(Start The Song)

I don't know why he left but he's been gone for 7 months

There's tenson in the air that's not so fun

Mom's been losing weight, I can tell she's not okay

I wonder if it's my fault that he went away

I feel like I'm drowning

I feel like I'm broken

I've been ripped down the middle

I am ripped down the middle

My house is a war zone

My life is a battle

And I'm stuck in the middle

I am stuck in the middle

Whatever I did, I would take it all back

I'd circle the world to get back what we had

Tell me what I must do to deserve your love

Is there any way I'll ever be good enough?

I don't know why he left but I don't think he's coming back

Relationships don't come that easy

I never learned how to love or how to stay when things get rough

How can you know something you're never seen

I feel like a hurricane, my heart is breaking

It's been ripped down the middle, I am ripped down the middle

I feel like a lost cause, all I ever do is screw up

Ever since I was little, I've been ripped down the middle

Whatever I did, I would take it all back

I'd circle the world to get back that we had

Tell me what must I do to deserve your love

Is there any way, I'll ever be good enough?

I've spent my life trying to hide all of my weakness from everyone

I try so hard to play the part, cover all my scars

But it's never enough, no it's never enough

Whatever I did, I would take it all back

I'd circle the world for you, mom and dad

Tell me what must I do to deserve your love

Is there any way, I'll ever be good enough?

Is there anything in this world that I could do?

Is the any way I'll ever be...maybe I'm already... Good enough

Dragging out the last note as I came to the end of the song. Slowly opening my eyes that I didn't even know closed in the first place. A small smile on my face as I held the guitar in my hands. I then heard soft sniffling and light clapping in the hallway. I wipped around so fast that I thought I was going to have wiplash.

There stood Finny. Tears in his eyes and a sad smile on his face while he lightly claps. Turning back around to hide my red face from his sight. I slowly and gently put the guitar down on the bed as I wrapped one arm around my other. I could feel his gaze on my back as I heard his steps getting closer to me. I froze. I didn't want anyone to know that I could play the guitar. I am so self-conscious about it.

His hands softly rubbed up my arms and pulled me into a tight hug. I slowly and hesitantly wrapped my arms around him, shoving my face into the crook of his neck. Finny's hands gently rubbed big circles into my back.

We soon pulled back as he wipped his tears from his stained face. "I didn't know that you felt that way about youself." I just shrugged and looked to the floor. "I didn't write it. It was the closes song that resembles me the most. I learned how to play it and it became the song that I would play to clear my head." I corrected.

I gave him a real smile and nodded my head to the door. We walked down stairs and I stepped up to Ashton and gradded his arm, pulling him out of his chair and out the door. "Training starts now." I said happily. I'm going to show Kathy that I will be able to protact her and make her feel like shes the world.

I'm going to get her back no matter what. Just you wait, Kathy, you're mine.