Chapter 2

'Picture of Kathy^'

Hey everyone!!!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Well here's the second. Enjoy!!!!!

Jane POV

I could feel the cold nip at my nose and ears. I woke up to the sound of chirping and the cold breeze of the wind. Slowly opening my eyes to quickly closing them again. The light hurt my eyes. Opening them once more making sure not to look at the sun.

I lay on the cold and wet ground between two buildings. The sun was just starting to raise over the horizon. "Oh god, was I out all night? Mum's going to kill me." I mumbled as I sat up.

I felt weird. Something is wrong. Everything was so much clearer and colorful. The grass was more detailed along with trees and houses and roads. What is going on?

Looking around, I noticed a body sitting next to me. Jumping up from the ground, I realized it was the man from last night. The one that....killed....my attacker. He turned his head to me from my sudden movement. Looking up at me with no emotion, he sat next to where I had just been.

After a moment of silence, I spoke with fear lacing every word that left my mouth.

"W-who are you? W-where am I? What-what happened?"

I started to shake. His eyes softened and moved closer to me. I didn't move from him. I was in too much shock, remembering the events from last night. He sat right in front of me.

"You were attacked. What that man was doing was wrong. So I had to destroy him." He whispered but still loud enough for me to hear. "What does that have to do with me?" I asked, scared for the answer.

"Well, um....he was something that wasn't a human." He said trying to find the right words. I pulled my arms around myself, trembling. Chocking on my sobs, I fall to the ground and wrapped myself into a ball. "So.....that thing attacked me? Why?"

He was silent for a moment. Placing his hand on my back, rubbing small and soft circles. "He attacked you because he was going to....going to....e-eat you" he finally whispered to me in sadness.

I froze at his words. Slowly lifting my head up, locking my light blue orbs with his hazel ones. "What?.....what wa-as h-he?" I studdered under my breath as tears sting the back of my eyes once more.

"He was a vampire." He said with seriousness dripping from his tone. That's when my reality crumbled. All my logic flew out the window. "And the fact that you survived means that...you...." He trailed off.

'Wait! So if he's a vampire and that I survived means that I'm...'

My eyes widen as I stared at him. "I'm...I'm....a vampire?" I muttered not believing it.

"Yes and you're not alone to deal with this." What does he mean? I will live forever. My Mum and Papa and siblings will grow old and die.

Kathy will die.

Reality sunk in that I'm alone. I lowered my head trying to hold back the tears but failing. "Miss, you don't have to be afraid. I will help you through this." The man said reassuring me. "How with you help me? You don't know that I'm going to lose everything I love." I breathed out. Small tears rolled down my cheeks from sadness and frustration.

"You are not alone, not yet at less. You still have so many years with your loved ones. And I know what you are going through." The man said staring at me with emotionless eyes.

"H-how?" I asked

He sighed as he opened his mouth. His canines grew to a sharp point. My eyes grew as I looked up into his eyes. They glowed pure white with a red ring circling them.

I gasped at the sight. "Y-you're....a-" I started but was cut short by a nod of his head.

His teeth retreated back into his gums and his glowing eyes were his normal hazel color. "I will help you control you abilities and how you are to feed." He stated

I unconsciously looked over my shoulder to the place were the monster was killed. I know that I called him a monster for being a vampire but now I have no right to talk.

He must've understood what I was looking at when he said "the right way. That vampire was a disgrace. We are to only feed until we are full or satisfied, not killing a person but to drink enough to survive, but him he didn't care. Even if he was full he continued to feed and kill. 'They're just food' he said but that wasn't right. And he needed to be stopped."

I lowered my gaze once again and muttered my name. He looked at me in confusion but replayed with 'Ashton'.

I started to feel tired and sore. I weakly stood to make my way to the sidewalk. Just before I could come into contact with the sunlight, Ashton pulled me back. I looked at him confused.

"You can't go out there with out an amulet." He said rushing as he pulled out a small earring from his pocket.

Ashton grabbed my hand and placed the earring into my palm. Picking it up and pushing it though one of my many pierced holes up my ear. I said a small thanks and walked off. My Mum is going to kill me. I laughed bitterly at that, knowing that I can't die.

As I walked, I thought about a lot of things. How this happened, why me? Will people notice that I don't age? What about Kathy? Once she entered my mind I got really depressed. What will she think about me? Will she hate me? Kill me? Still thinking about her and her long multi colored hair and perfect lips. So kissable. Her sweet laugh and the way her eyes shine every time she would smile at me.

Entering my house, I realized that I was alone in the house by myself. I walked into the kitchen and pulled out an apple.

Bitting into it, I gagged at the taste. It tasted like rotten eggs and smelled awful. After thinking it over, I sighed that it was because I don't need to eat human food anymore. Leaving the kitchen and making my way upstairs, I pushed open my bedroom door and flopped onto my bed.

Staring at my ceiling I quickly jumped up, realizing that I had school today. I looked over at my alarm clock to see it was 1:30. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I pulled up Kathy's contact and started to text her.

'Hey, sorry that Im not in school.'
~Jane

'You better be sorry, you left me alone in this shit hole. Where are you?'
~Kathy

'Home. I wasn't feeling good this morning so I stayed home. I didn't want to get you sick.'
~Jane

I hate lying to her but want was I supposed to do. Walk up to her and say 'hey there Kathy, sorry I wasn't at school, I was attacked last night by a crazy monster and long story short, I'm a vampire now. So you wanna go to the mall?' I can't say that! She would never believe me and I will be locked up somewhere.

My phone buzzed, pulling me out of my thoughts.

'Oh I hope you feel better. Do you want me to come over after school? Does you Mum know?'
~Kathy

'No, I snuck in last last so i haven't seen her. She wasn't here when I woke up. Maybe work, but I'm feeling better now that I've rested. And please come over, I'm so lonely without you.'
~Jane

'Haha! Ok I will, you Baka. See ya!'
~Kathy

With that I stripped my clothes from yesterday and hopped into the shower. Cleaning every inch, I hopped out and walked back into my room and got dressed into my skull covered pajamas. Crawling into bed, I snuggled up to my pillow and drifted off into sleep.