Chapter 32

Kathy POV

I am literally freaking out. I'm in my room pacing back and forth, trying to figure a way out of me seeing Jane. It will be really hard when we live only a few blocks away.

I sighed as I laced my fingers in my hair. This is so stressful. A light knock sounded at my door and by the smell of it, it was my mother. I turned slightly to the door as she pushed it open just enough to stick her head in the room. "Yes, mom? What did you need?" I asked, trying not sound like I was having a panic attack.

A smile played on her lips as her eyes lands on me. "What time are you planning on going over to Jane's?" Oh shit! Why does my mother have to be so excited that Jane's back that she wants me to run over there this second?! I tried to calm my heart and force a smile. "I'm kinda busy at the moment, mom. I'll go later."

Her face fell slightly and the glint in her eyes slowly faded. "Oh...I thought...I just assumed...that you would have ran right over there. You know, since you haven't seen each other in so long. But I understand if you're busy." She turned to leave. But my stupid body moved on it's own.

"Wait! Mom." She stopped and turned with a hope on her eyes once again. I sighed as nodded my head. "I'll go this afternoon, alright." With me just saying that, her lips pulled up into a big smile and she started out the room with a slight skip in her step. I chuckled and ran my fingers through my hair once more.

What the fuck am I going to do now? I spent the rest of my morning trying to wrap my head around seeing Jane. I was scared but I also was a little excited at the same time. My wolf was wagging her tail at the thought of seeing her again.

No. I can't be happy but I am. She's my best friend. The person that helped me through so much. Ugh! I flop onto my bed, my face stuffed in my pillow. "Kathy! It's 3:30! You better head out before it gets dark!" My mom yelled up the staircase. I sighed and pushed myself up and off my bed. I walked over to my door and slipped my converse on.

Making my way down stairs and out the door, I breathed in the evening air. I quickly pull my hair up and tied it in a lose bun as I make my way down the sidewalk.

What am I going to say? What is she going to say? How is this all going to go down? Question after question ran through my head. Before I knew it was standing on the front porch of their house. My nerves where through the roof. My hands were sweaty and twitching slightly.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. In and out. You can do this. I raise my hand and knock on the door with confidence. But as the seconds pass by, I quickly wished I didn't. Before I could turn around and go home, the door opened and there stood Jane's mother. Her face lit up with the biggest smile ever. "Hello, Kathy! Have you come to see Jane?" She asked. I only nodded with a shy smile as I rubbed my arm in nervousness.

She turned back and hollered up the stairs. "Come in, come in. You can take a seat in the living room if you want, honey." Jane's mom ushered me in as I try to calm my racing heart.

I moved through the house and into the living room. Her mother made her way into the kitchen, leaving me alone. I turned to the couch and sat down. Trying to make myself comfy, I moved from one side to the other. Picking up throw pillows and moving them as I moved myself. Once I was comfortable, I breathed a nervous breath and focused my attention to the room around me.

It hasn't changed since the last time I was here. A small smile edged its way onto my face as I recalled old memories. Then I caught the scent of cookies and something else. Something sweet and delicious. It was so alluring. It made something in me go crazy. It was her's.

I smell her scent. It's not strong since she's only been here for about a day in the past 3 to 4 years. But still, her scent was intoxicating. I just want to bury my face in that delicious scent. As was focusing on her sweet smell, I could hear movement upstairs. The sound grew louder as well as her scent. Oh god, she's coming down the stairs. I fiddled with my fingers as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a figure make its way into the hallway. It's head snapped to me in less than a second causing me to look downward at my lap. I knew it was her. Just by the scent and her presence. She was right. I...I pushed her away, yet she still came to look for me. She grew closer and closer until she stood in front of me.

I didn't dare look up. I am ashamed. All theses years that I ignored her. "Kathy, look at me." She commanded. Her voice wasn't harsh, but it was stern. Yet, it held calmness and tenderness. I hesitantly moved my eyes up her body and came eye to eye with her.

My wolf howled loudly, wanting to be with her. A smile graced her lips as she stared down at me.

"Hello, mate." She whispered.