Chapter 34

Jane POV

I never thought that I would have to tell my parents like this. We all sat in the living room. Christian was still unconscious in his bed as Kathy's parents work on him. Mum and papa sit on the couch, holding each other's hand. Mum was in tears and papa rubbing her back with his own watery eyes. Paul sat just a little ways on the recliner, looking as confused as ever. I look over to Kathy and she gave me a small smile.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. Looking to my parents, I cleared my throat to get their attention. When both my mum and papa looked up at me, I began. "Look, um, 3 years ago, something happened. When I was walking home from Kathy's, I was attacked."I started with hesitation. Papa's eyebrows furrowed with confusion, while mum's face was blank. "But, I wasn't attacked by someone that needed money or something. I was attacked by a vampire." I said and nervously looked to my parents.

They were silent for a long moment. You could feel the tension hanging in the air. "Do you really think it's the time to be making those types of jokes, Jane?" My mum angrily spat out. My eyes widened. Before I could speak, Kathy stood up with her own anger in her eyes. "She is not making s joke! Why would you think so low of her?! Your own daughter! What she is saying is true!" Kathy roared.

"As I was saying was that when I was attacked, the vampire injected venom into my bloodstream. Because of this I was forced into transition." Still standing, Kathy looked to me with sorrow in her eyes and confusion in my parents'.

"What do you mean transition?" Papa croaked out. I swallowed the lump forming in my throats and looked down at my lap. The sound of the couch squeaking as Kathy sat down. She placed her hands on top of my, slowly rubbing circles into the back of my hand.

"It means that she's one of them." Paul's suddenly answered with such calmness. My eyes snap over to him. He just shrugs and pushed the recliner out. "That's probably why she left. Right?" He says as he looks over at me with a small smile. I slowly nod and go to ask him how did he know, only for him to cut me off. "I began to think over the past 3 years. Like she wouldn't have left if it wasn't for own safety. You were always the one to take all the responsibility of own safety into your hands. So why was it any different, but when you said about your attack, it was like the pieces were falling into place."

I glanced at my parents only to see anger in my mum's eyes. Fiddling with my fingers, I nodded slowly to say that his theory was correct. "I only left to keep you all safe. When I first changed all I wanted was blood and being around you all made it worse. I couldn't risk it," I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart. "That's not important right now. What is important is that Christian was attacked by something supernatural, a shapeshifter." My voice became strong and confident.

The look of shock plastered on their faces was evident. I snuck a look at Kathy as she rubbed her hand up and down my arm in a soothing gesture. "Um, I'm also apart of the supernatural." She suddenly admitted. "I'm...I'm a werewolf and so are my parents." Her voice wavered. Not long after she finished talking my mother shot up out of her seat and glared down at me and Kathy. "And you let you monstrous parents in the same room as my injured son?!" Mum shouted. Her face red with fury and her jaw clenched tight.

"Well yes, they are doctors." Kathy spoke like it was the most obvious this in the world, which it was. My family and her's have been friends for who knows how many years. My mum knew that they were doctors. But what I didn't expect was for my mother stalk up to her and slap Kathy across the face. Her face snapped to the right as her cheek began to turn red. Mum went to hit her again. My vision slowly turned red as my own anger ran through my veins.

Jumping from my seat and in front of Kathy, I grad my mum's arm. You could plainly see her shock. "Don't you ever touch her!" I seethe. It didn't take long her my mother's anger to come back and she pulled her arm from my grip and stared me down. "How dare you speak to me like that! I am your mother and you will respect me!" That's it! I'm done with her attitude. I understand that she is angry that I hide what I am from them and got Christian hurt, but I will not stand here and watch her hit and completely stomp on Kathy for who she is.

As my fury rose, I could feel the veins in my face to surface and my fangs to break through my gums. The warmth in my eyes tell me that my eyes have changed and are glowing. "You will get my respect when you have earned it! And if you don't get your fucking attitude under control, I will personally fix it myself!" I roar as I watch my mum shrink back in fear. My father grabs her shoulders and sit her down. My breathing is labored as my chest raises up and down.

Warm and small hands wrap around my waist. "Shh, it's ok. It's ok, shh." Kathy whispered as she laid her head on my shoulder. Breathing in deeply and slowly, I try to calm myself. While I calm my breathing I could feel my fangs retract into my gums. The veins running along the surface of my skin calm and slowly lower back deep under the skin. I turn in her arms and wrap my arms around her shoulders and bury my face in the nook of her neck.

"You okay?" I mumble into her neck. Her light chuckles fill my ears making a smile make it's way onto my face. We soon pull back when the sound of footsteps race down the stairs. Looking to the staircase, there stood Kathy's dad with a dark expression. Then deep in my gut I got the worse feeling ever.

Please god. Make sure he's fine.