Chapter 17

Jane in picture above^

Jane POV

I didn't know how long I sat there just looking up at the shining moon. I look over my shoulder to see Finny fast asleep in his chair. I could feel myself smile at the sight before me, but I quickly regained my composure. I slowly stood from the bed and quietly exited the room. Down the stairs and out the front door. Looking up at the moon, I could feel the energy coming off of it. The power running through my body. I looked down at my hand and scanned the red and black veins covering my skin.

"SNAP"

I swung my head around at the sudden noise. There stood Ashton with a small smile upon his face. His usual hazel eyes were now a glowing white and his skin shown just like mine. Covered in red and black veins. He walked comer to me and cupped my cheek with his big hands. "I can see that you feel the moon's power as well." He spoke, his eyes never breaking eye contact. I couldn't help but smile at him, but a little. Ashton stepped back and looked to the sky once more. When he returned his gaze back at me he spoke. "Hey, watch this." A small chuckle left his lips.

He crouched a little and jumped into the sky. I looked up in shock. I searched the trees for him as I couldn't find in the sky anywhere. I walked further out into the woods, stepping over roots and rocks, scanning every tree. When I found him he was in one of the biggest trees in the forest. He gave me a toothy grin before motioning me up with a wave of his hand. I looked up at him in confusion, which caused him to let out a earth rumbling laugh. I shook my head and began to look around me.

I crouched like Ashton did. I looked up at him and jumped with all my might. I was flying through the air as tree branches passed by me. When I landed, I tried to stead myself from falling. Looking around my surrounding, I noticed I was a few branches below Ashton.

I began to climd up the tree, trying to get to him. By the time I reached him, he was chuckling at my effort. I smacked his chest which only caused him to wrap his arm around my waist. I looked at him like he was crazy and tried to get out of his grasp, but he only whispered in my ears causing a shiver to run down my back. "Look." was all he said pointing out into the treeline. Turning to were he was pointing, I was face to face with the most beauitful view of my life.

You could the tops of the trees and far back to where the sky touches the mountains tops. The moon high in the sky and srrounded by the most colorful stars. My breath was caught in my throat as I stare at the sight. I pulled my gaze from the view and looked at Ashton. He was looking at me with a small smile. "I know you have been depressed lately and I know how hard it can be to accept this, but it is who you are now. It doesn't mean that the person who you were before is gone, it just means that you are growing and that you are meant to do great things. It may not seem like that, but have to trust me." I looked down and nodded slightly. I felt his fingers move under my chin and push up. I was met with his glowing eyes.

"Speak to us, Jane." I could feel my eyes burn with unshedded tears. I opened my mouth but closed it when nothing would come out. I looked down once more and began again. "I-I'll t-try." I said just above a whisper, afraid I would burst into tears.

His warm hands rubbed my back as he held me close to him. "Come on. I think we should go back. Kathy would have my head if she knew you were up a tree this high." I found myself giggling at the thought of her going on a rampage after Ashton's ass. Ashton held me close as he jumped from the tree. He let go of me when we were safetly on the ground. I smiled up at him as we walked back to the pack house.

I walked down the hall and stopped in front of my bedroom door. I looked back at Kathy's door with a little pain in my heart. I slowly moved away from my door and to her's. Peeking inside, I see her spread out on the bed mumbling in her sleep. Chuckling to myself, I made my way to her side and crawled beside her fell asleep with Ashton's words on my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hey readers! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if the description of the view was bad, I not very good at it. But I hope you still understood what I was trying to write.'

'Please vote or comment if you have questions or confused about anything. And THANK YOU for all the readers out there that take the time to read my book. THANKS!'

~>3<~😋😁🤗