Chapter 25

Kathy POV

"What?" My voice was quite and soft. I could feel tears sting my eyes as I stare at him like he was joking. "That can't be possible." Ashton's eyes softened and a sad smile formed on his lips. "It's the truth, Kathy. Even if she doesn't know that you guys are mates, the bond between you two is strong, whether you believe it or not."

That can't be. I'm not a lesiban, I'm straight. My head is spinning as the information swimmed around my head. My fingers thread through my mulit-colored hair at I settled down own on the closet chair. I'm only fifteen, I'm suppose to find my mate when I'm eighteen. But this explains why Jane was acting weird that day when we went out.

My head still in my hands, I spoke softly. "What if she already knows?" Silence followed after as they thought. "Well, what if she was always your mate, even if she was born as a human?" This time it was Alpha Trevor that questioned. This is all too much for me. I stood and before I exited the room, I stopped in front of Trevor. "Where is she?" Was all I said as he slightly grinned and motioned me out the door.

He walked in front of me as we made our way down the halls. All my mind was focused on was Jane. She was invading my thoughts, my actions. We soon stopped and faced a wooden door with a silver handle. Trevor moved from in front of me and watched me as I placed my hand over the handle. I hestiantly opened the door and there laid Jane.

She was pale. Paler than normal. She was hooked up to mechines as she laid there, as if she was dead. My eyes stung at the sight of her. I slowly entered the room and sat beside her on the bed. My eyes scanned her face looking for any signs of her waking up. I breath in sharply when I found none. I lowered my head and laid my forehead against her's. I let the tears to fall down my face as I longed for Jane to wake up. To thank her for being my friend all these years. To thank her for being there for everything in my life.

To thank her for loving me.

She desrves someone better than me. I push all my problems onto her and she willingly helps. For making me smile when I'm at my worst. For just being there. I felt something cold and soft brush up against my cheek, causing me to snap my eyes open. There stared back at me was tear filled eyes and the sad smile of Jane. She pushed a strand of hair off my face, pushing it behind my ear.

"H-hey?" She whispered, her voice cracking slightly. That's caused me to chuckle. My smile soon faded as I stared at her. A ping of hurt and sadness flooded her features. "Did you know that we were mates?" This had Jane freezing at the words. Did she really know? Why would she not tell me? I watch as her eyes scan my face and soon stopping back at my eyes. "I didn't know. I had this-this feeling when ever I was around you. I always felt it, even before I changed, the feeling just got stronger, tho." She explained.

The look in her eyes shown of happiness and love, but I don't know if I can except it. I mean I'm not gay, I like men. I alway saw Jane as a big sister that never let any harm to come to me. So overprotective but so caring. Now I was going to have to break her heart.

"Jane, I'm only 15 and we are different species, but on top of that..... I'm not gay."

It hurt so much to see the light fade from her eyes. We stared at each other for a while until she slowly nodded. "I...... I understand. I always knew you were never a lesbian." She chuckled bitterly at the end. Jane turned her head to the side, not wanting to look at me. But that's to be expected. I slowly stood and walked to the door. Before leaving, I turned back to her. "I'm sorry." Was all I said as I left the room.

Entering the hall, I saw Alpha Trevor leaning against the opposite wall. His head was lowered and his arms crossed over his chest. "You just broke that girls heart. Do you feel any remorse?" His words hit me hard. I know it's selfish and I broke Jane's heart but I can't be gay. I feel sad that I will lose my best friend but I'm really afraid to lose my bond with her. Even tho I rejected her, I didn't break the bond. It's too precious to do so.

I simply turned away from him and walked back to my room. Closing the door behind me, I fell on top of my bed and let the drowsiness take over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hey guys, sorry that it took me awhile to get this chapter out and that it's short.'

'I've been sick this whole Christmas:( ~*^*~😞'

'It started Christmas Eve and I'm still under the weather, but I wanted to get this chapter out to you.'

'Hope you had a great Christmas and have a happy New Years!!!!'

'Bye~;) ~*3*~🤗😜