Chapter 39- Not A Bad Thing

Harry:

Niall's fingers tightened around mine as we stepped into our school gym. I could tell he was nervous. But this time it was different. He was trembling.

"Baby?" I asked.

"Hmmm?" He mumbled without even looking up as he handed our tickets to the person standing at the door.

"Niall, look at me." I said softly.

He turned and his bright blue eyes met mine. 

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded. "I'm fine." 

I smiled weakly at him, knowing that he was lying, and wrapping my arm around his waist. "Niall everyone loves you." I assured him. "Espeacially me." 

A small smile threatened to appear on his face. "Come on, that lads are right over there, lets go have some fun." 

As the night continued on, Niall because less tense but I could still tell that their was something occupying his mind. They called for the last dance before announcing prom king and queen. Niall pulled me out to the middle of the floor and threw his arms around my neck. 

"I love you." He said without a tremble in his voice for the first time. Just as I was about to say it back I caught a glimpse of Tom and Louis out of the corner of my eye. For a moment I was angry and then I looked back at the beautiful boy in my arms and bent down to kiss his lips tenderly. It had only been a few hours since our last kiss but it had been too long. 

My head was spinning when he pulled back, all I was thinking about was how much I loved the man infront of my and how good my life would be if he was beside me through it all.

The song ended and everyone was asked to sit down. I pulled Niall into my lap and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was watching the stage attentively with a smile on his face. Earlier that week I had spent sometime asking friends to put Niall's name on the ballot for Prom King. He would never admit it but he loves attention.

"Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to our 2014 "Night Under the Stars" Senior Prom!" Our principle announced and everyong broke out into a chorus of cheers.

"We will begin by announcing our Prom Queen..." He said as he pulled a pink envelope out of his back pocket. "Our 2014 Prom Queen is... Libby Morrison!" 

Libby jumped up from her seat and screamed with joy. Everyone cheered for her, espeacially Niall. He was bouncing up and down on my knees. 

"And now for our Prom King....." He pulled out a blue envelope and opened it painstakingly slow. "Drum roll please..." Everyone pounded their feet and clapped there hands in excitement. "Niall Horan!" 

Niall froze and turned around to me. "Me?" He asked.

"You!" I shouted.

"How? What!" He smiled.

"Get up there, Pretty boy." I said. He leapt from my lap and bent to kiss me before he ran up to the stage. He hugged Libby and smiled as bright as I had ever seen as the principle placed the crown on his golden head.

"And now for the first dance." 

Niall took Libby's arm and lead her to the dance floor. I had never been more proud of him. They dance for an entire song and then broke away. Niall came straight to me and leapt into my arms.

"You did this didn't you?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and beant down to peck me on the lips. "Do you think you're mum would let you stay at my house tonight?" He asked.

"I dunno, are your parents going to be home?" I asked.

"Nope." He smirked.

"Maybe I just won't tell her." I said.

He laughed and bent down to kiss me again. 

Prom came to an end and Niall and I headed out to his car. Usually we would've taken mine but he insisted that he drive. 

Soon we were making our way up to his bedroom. He slipped into the bathroom while I changed into some of the clothes that I had left at his house a while ago. He came out with a small blue box in his hands. 

"I uh... have something for you." 

He looked absolutely adorable. He was wearing one of my sweat shirts and a pair of grey sweatpants. His hair was mess, just the way I liked it. 

"What?" I asked as I smiled at him. He came and sat by me on his bed. 

"Just so you don't forget me when you leave in a couple weeks." He said.

"Hey we still have graduation." I told him.

He nodded. "Open it." He said.

I took the box into my hands and carefully unwrapped it. Inside I found a shining sliver ring encrusted with small diamonds. On the inside it read... "I promise..."

"A promise ring." I said in disbelief.

"It's not to soon is it?" He became nervous. "I-

"I love it." I said as I leaned forward and kissed him. "and I love you."

vote.COMMENT.fan.