Chapter 16- In Case

Harry:

I watched Niall as he shoved his hands into his pockets and led the way down to the lake. He stopped at the waters edge and looked down at the his worn gray vans. 

"Was that Louis on the phone?" He asked.

I swallowed hard. 

"Erm, yeah." I said.

He nodded and kicked at a rock. "You didn't tell him did you?" 

I shook my head. "I haven't told a soul." I said.

"Where do they think you are right now?" He asked.

"I told my mum I was staying with Lou." I explained I was rather excited about this conversation. This was the most we had talked in a long while. 

"I guess you are going to have to go to school tomorrow..." He said.

I sighed. "Yeah, you know I could tutor you so when you decide to come home you won't be so far behind." I said excitedly.

"I'm not going home." He said sternly.

"Okay." I whispered, defeated.

He sat down on the rocky shoreline and pulled his knees up to his chest. I sat down beside him and glanced out at the water the sun was just now reaching it's peak and the trees surrounding the lake were all sorts of colors. It was beautiful. 

"Do you remember when we used to come out here at night and watch the stars from this very spot."

"I never could find Cassiopeia." He said.

I chuckled. "But you never failed to point out the big dipper.

"My favorite." He said a small smile cracking at the corner of his lips.

"Oh, is that a smile I see?" I asked leaning towards him. 

He rolled his lips into his mouth and shook his head.

"I think it was." I said leaning even closer and reaching out to poke his cheek. 

"Stop." He said. I could tell he was on the verge of laughter.

 Suddenly everything changed. He pushed away from me and dropped his eyes to his dark jeans. "You should probably get going." He said.

"Niall." I said.

"No you should go." He said.

"Why? Because I made you smile?" I asked.

"No, no. Harry just go."

"What if I want to stay?" I asked.

"Please." He begged.

I sighed in defeat and stood up. "Well I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

He nodded.

"Do I at least get a hug?" I asked.

He didn't move for a moment but then he pushed himself up onto his feet and stood infront of me his eyes meeting mine and holding my gaze.

"Goodbye Harry." He said softly.

I nodded getting the gist that he wasn't going to hug me. 

"I'll come as soon as I can." I told him. Luckily I had my keys and phone in my coat pocket so I just headed straight toward my car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning Harry!" Liam said when he saw me get out of my car. I smiled at my mates and made my way up to them.