Chapter 15- Skinny Love

Harry:

I carefully untangled myself from Niall and headed into the kitchen. It was almost 9 am I was thinking it was time to start breakfast. I pulled open the fridge to find a gallon of expired milk and a bottle of mustard.

Chuckling I shut the door and grabbed my keys. I was sure I could get to the nearest town before he wakes up. I snuck out quietly and drove into the little town of Livvoix. 

Not even 20 minutes later I was walking back up into the house with two full bags of groceries. I pushed the door open to find Niall pacing the room, eyes red from tears. 

"Niall?" I asked setting the bags down on the table. His eyes flickered to me. He looked conflicted sort of like he wanted to kiss me and kill me at the same time. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He swallowed hard and wiped his eyes. "Nothing." He muttered. 

I stepped towards him slowly until I could reach out and touch him. "What happened?" I asked softly.

"I-I, It's nothing. Just leave me alone." He said.

I backed up. "Okay." I nodded not wanting to push him away when I was trying to pull him closer. 

I left him and took the groceries to the kitchen. The entire time I cooked thoughts ran through my mind. Why was he crying? It hurt me to see him cry. 

Once the food was done I called his name but he didn't respond. I sat the plate of eggs and bacon on a plate and carried it through the house searching for the boy. 

I found him sitting up on his bed facing his reflection in the large mirror on the vanity.

"Niall? Are you hungry? I brought you breakfast." I said.

He didn't show a sign of hearing me. 

"Niall?" I asked again. This time I sat the tray down in front of him. I desperately wanted to stay and talk to him about what had upset him but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead I went back out to the kitchen and ate in silence. All the while thinking about Niall. 

Yet again I made my way back to his room and found an empty plate at the end of his bed. 

"Niall?' I called.

"In here." He responded. My heart fluttered a bit at the fact that he had actually responded.

I pushed the door open to the bathroom to find him staring at himself in the mirror again. His eyes met mine through the reflection.

"I uh, how are you?" I stuttered.

"Okay." He answered.

"Do you want to talk about earlier now?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I'm so stupid." His eyes dropped to the sink.

"No you aren't, Niall." I told him. He glanced back up at me through the mirror.

"Fine, if you must know! I woke up and you weren't here! I thought that you left again. I shouldn't care! " He shouted. "I shouldn't care about you!"  His hands flew to his hand gripping his hair in frustration. 

I felt my heart sink into my feet. I did this to him. Not that I didn't already know it. He was so fragile.

"I won't leave again, without telling you. I promise." I whispered.

He hid his face from me and tried to wipe away his tears. 

"Why won't you cry in front of me. I don't mind." I said reaching out and touching his shoulder. He recoiled from me and grabbed a towel from the rack pressing his face into it. He hiccuped and swallowed hard. 

"I'm not crying." He said with a trembling lip.

I chuckled softly. "Yes you are." I said stepping towards him again. "I know that you don't trust me anymore, but I want you to know that you can. I want you to. I will never leave you again. I will never push you away, I will never hurt you again." I said truthfully.

"You, are all I've thought about, since you left. Did you know that?" I asked.

He nodded slowly. "I know that you've been looking for me." 

"You do?"  I asked.

He nodded through his tears again. "I saw you a couple of times and I know that you finding me here wasn't on accident." He hiccuped again as more tears poured over his cheeks. 

"Come here." I said holding my arms out to him. Ever so slowly he made his way to me and rested his forehead on my chest since he was considerably shorter than me. I wrapped my arms around his small frame and pressed my cheek to the top of his head.

"What do you mean you saw me?" I asked after a long moment of silence.

"In the woods, you were crying." He said softly.

It hit me. That was the day I swore I had seen him. "You were there, you were standing right in front of me."

"I was going to say something, I really was but then I didn't know if you would want me."

"I've always wanted you Niall." I said. Suddenly he pulled away from me and slipped past me leaving me to over think everything I had just said. Way to soon Harry! God! You have to stop letting shit like that happen! I told myself.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had a new text from Louis.

-Harry mate, we need to talk.

I groaned. Why did I always have to mess things up?

--Sure Lou, What's up?

He responded almost immediately.

-Can I call you?

--yes

Not even 2 seconds after I sent the message my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Hi Harry!" He said cheerfully. Well at least he wasn't upset.

Niall:

I rubbed my sweaty palms on my sweater and set back towards my room where I knew Harry was waiting. I was going to say it. That I wanted him too. I did, I wanted him to stay here with me. Even though he had hurt me so badly, I hadn't felt this good since he kissed me, and I missed him, so badly.

"Harry." I croaked out.

I heard laughter. "Yeah Lou, I know." Harry said. I pressed my ear to the door and listened.

"No, it can't happen again. You know that." He said. "I'm sorry, I really am."

"I guess, I mean- I'm just really sorry Lou. I shouldn't have kissed you." He said.

Kissed you? Kissed Lou!

He kissed Louis!

Wait, Louis... Louis Tomlinson. Harry's mate. Everything was coming together in my mind.

At first I was upset but then again I didn't have any claim on Harry. Who was to say that he came here because he loved me? I was just a friend in his eyes. It hurt a bit to know that but then again Harry was here with me, not with Louis.

I pushed the door open and Harry's voice immediately went silent.

"Niall?" He asked. "I'll call you back Lou." He said nervously and then dropped his phone on the bed. "Everything alright?"

I nodded.

"Okay."

"Do you want to come down to the lake with me?" I asked suddenly not giving myself a chance to think about it.

"I'd love to." He smiled.

vote.COMMENT.fan.