Chapter 24- Lullaby

Harry:

I glanced across my room at Niall. He was lying on my bed with his ankles crossed behind him and his eyes focused on my textbooks. I was sitting in my bay window with my knees to my chin just watching him in silence. He was so beautiful and I didn't want to ruin the moment, but I knew I had to talk to him.

"Niall?" I asked carefully.

"Hmm?" He looked up at me from the books, his blue eyes capturing the light. 

"What are you planning on doing?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He played innocent.

"You know what I mean." I told him.

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. "I don't know Harry."

"I don't want to...." I began.

"What?"

"Nevermind." I said quickly.

"Tell me Harry."

"It's just... you don't really have any other choice...." I said weakly. 

His face was completely void of emotion. 

"Niall?" I asked hoping to get a response.

Silence. 

"I don't know what else to do with you." I said.

He sighed. "I'm going to take a shower."                                                              

"Fine." I muttered.

He stood up and made his way into the shower. I sat for a few moments, feeling sorry for myself before I got up to get something to eat. Just as I pulled my bedroom door open. Louis barged in.

"You asshole!" He shouted.

"Well, Hello to you too!" I said.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Do you even remember my name Harry? When was the last time you talked to me, looked at me?"

"I talk to you at school all the time," I said.

"You said 'Hi' once. Do you even care anymore?" 

"Of course I care Lou, I've just been really busy." I told him. His eyes softened at the nickname.

"With what?" He said.

"Stuff.."

He was quiet, as if he was listening for something. 

"Is that the shower?" He asked.

Shit. "Yeah, I was just about to get in."

"You're still in your clothes." He accused.

"I was about to get in." I said nervously.

"Well, then I guess you wouldn't mind if I checked then?" He asked.

I panicked and scrambled to the bathroom door. I pushed it open and without even a second thought I pushed the curtain open and climbed in with Niall.

"Har-" He began but I slapped my hand down on his mouth. Withing 5 seconds I was completely drenched.

"Harry, what the hell?" Louis asked as he stormed in.

Niall's eyes widened as his face reddened.

I peaked my head out of the curtain. "What?" I asked innocently.

"You are an idiot. You think I'm going to believe you. You are wearing your clothes for godsakes!" He shouted.

"What are you on about?" I asked as I slowly removed my hand from Niall's mouth.