Chapter 20- Counting Stars

Harry:

I was dying to see him. My heart literally hurt just thinking about how he was feeling about all of this. He was going to hate me. Everything I had just built up was going to come crashing down. There was no way I was going to get my mom to let me leave. So I decided that I was going to sneak out.

It was almost 11 pm on Saturday night when I did it. I slipped out my window and and walked down the street where I had parked my car earlier today to prevent the loud sound of my car starting up from waking them. I climbed in and drove away carefully. Once I was out on the freeway I sped up. I had to be back before 6 am and I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him.

I arrived at exactly midnight. I figured he would be sleeping or at least trying to sleep. When I reached the front door I found it cracked out. My heart sunk into the pit of my stomach as I thought about him running away again. 

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open, shutting it tightly behind me. Instead of calling out his name I checked each and every room. Leaving his bedroom for last. When I reached it I found the door wide open and the bed was empty. His name escaped my lips quietly as my eyes scanned the room again. I silently prayed that I would find a little blonde head of hair peeping out of the blankets when I met the bed again. 

"No." I whispered. I coudn't lose him again. "Niall?" I called loudly. Silence.

All of the sudden I heard a shuffling coming from the room across the hall, coming from my old bedroom.

"Niall?" I called again as I stepped across the hall towards my room. I pushed open the door and searched the room. I let out a heavy sigh of relief when I saw him fast asleep in my bed. A large book sat upside down on the floor, I assumed that was the cause of the noise I had heard. I pushed the door shut behind me and dropped my bag to the floor. Silently I took of my shoes and jacket. I didn't want to wake him up, but I wanted him to know I was here. 

I walked over to him and reached down to stroke his soft hair. There was just enough room in the bed for me to squeeze in beside him. So that was just what I did. I climbed in beside him careful not to disturb him. I figured that he would have a hard time being mad at me when I was so close to him. Then again I could be wrong. I felt him stir beside me. 

"Niall." I whispered.

"Harry?" He mumbled.

"Hi," I said softly.

"Harry!" He shouted as he realized. I expected him to shove me off the bed and kick me out of the house but instead he wrapped his bare arms around my neck and threw his leg over my hip. He squeezed me so tightly I could barely breathe.

"You came back." He said pulling away just enough so that I could feel his breath on my face. I couldn't see his expression but I could hear his emotion. My heart swelled just knowing that he cared so much.

"I never left." I said. 

"But-"

"I'm sorry, My mom grounded me because I was lying to her." 

"You snuck out?" He asked.

"Of course I did, anything for you." I told him sincerly.

"Thank you." He said curling into my chest. After a moment of beautiful silence he pulled away.

"Can you kiss me?" He asked softly.

I chuckled softly and reached out for his face. I searched for his lips with my fingers before I leaned in and pecked them softly. He moved in and kissed me harder. 

"I can only stay a few hours." I said.

He mumbled something in audible and then flipped on the light. He reached out for me and wrapped his arms around my waist.