Chapter Fifty

Carefully, folding up the last of her clothes, Rose stared sadly at the room. It would be the last time she stayed in this room, the many nights of happiness that took place in the room were now long gone. She had lost nearly everything, the only thing she had left was the children.

The children.

They had lost their father, the man who did everything he could to protect them. 

John Shelby.

The man that had loved her despite everything. No matter how bad she was, he still thought the world of her. 

And now she was alone. 

"I am going to go and visit the children." Rose told Tommy as she stood in front of his desk, "I need to be with them at a time like this."

Tommy nodded as he stared at her, "What will you do then?"

"I will return soon, I'll return and help you."

"I am so sorry Rose, I will never be able to forgive myself." He snapped the pen in his hand, "I have now lost all those close to me, this war was a bad idea for now I am going to lose."

Quickly, she shook her head, "John supported you Tommy, therefore I shall continue to support you. I know you didn't mean to kill him, the guilt you will have to live with for the duration of your life is the worst punishment you can have."

He stared at her, shock evident, "Excuse me?"

"Tommy, this is me pledging my support for you!" 

Happiness lit up his face, "Thank you! Together we shall be an unstoppable force - I shall be victorious."

"When do you plan on going to the canal?"

"Excuse me?"

"When do you plan on going to the canal to fetch your supplies?"

He stared at her for a moment, "Tomorrow. Why?"

"Don't go." She replied as she began to pull her gloves over her fingers, "They've set up a trap, if you go there then Michael shall kill you."

And with that, she left the Shelby residence and began to drive herself to her new home. It surprised people when they found out she could drive, she was a women she wasn't supposed to. Checking the mirror, she realised she was being followed. Tommy had sent some of his men after her.

Hoping she wouldn't notice them and that they would then know where the children were. 

Shaking her head, she pulled into a hidden road and stopped the car behind several trees. Quietly, getting out of the car, she waited patiently for the cars to drive past. Rose smirked to herself before picking the last of her bags up and running quickly across the road.

"You took your time." Alfie told her as he threw her bags into the back of the car.

"Be careful." Rose whispered angrily, "And it took a while to get away from Tommy, especially after he sent some of his men after me."

"He doesn't want to lose his greatest ally."

Rose scoffed, "He has a funny way of showing it considering he was  the one who shot John, if it wasn't for Tommy then John would be here with us."

"You sound angry."

"Of course I am angry." Rose told him, "Tommy doesn't care about his family. He is a monster."

Alfie laughed, "Have you only just worked that out?"

"He is going to kill us all if we are not careful." Rose replied, "This war is going to kill everyone."

"You and I are going to have to work together to stop it all from doing so then."