Chapter Thirty

John stared out of the window at the blurred surroundings, "We won."

"Rose won." Arthur replied, "She finally got the justice she had always desired."

"And now she can move on with her life, and find the happiness she has so long wished for." John told his brothers, "What a glorious day."

"You never know," Tommy said while smirking, "She could return to us."

Michael agreed with his cousin, "I am sure she would be very happy with you John."

"No, she's going to disappear and find a man that will not keep her in the dangerous business that she has so long hated."

The car went back into silence. 

"Who will run the Crawford business?" Arthur said suddenly, "Is it ours?"

"No, not yet." Tommy said, "Presumably it is Rose's. Or maybe it shall cease to exist."

"Hopefully the latter." John said as he played with the toothpick. 

As soon as the car came to a halt outside their house, the men all jumped out and went straight into the drawing room. Polly looked up from where she was sat and smiled out of relief, "You killed them?"

"We killed their men but the actual Crawford's were killed by Rose."

"Rose?" Polly asked them, surprise written on her face, "I thought she was dead."

"So did we but she's not. They lied to us."

Polly smiled as she watched as the men toasted to the victory and drank the liquid, "Congratulations. And John, you should turn your bedroom light off."

Staring at her, in confusion, John asked, "Bedroom light? I haven't been here for days." It then sank in and he smiled slightly, not wanting to get his hopes up, "Excuse me."

  Quickly, he ran up the stairs and rushed to his bedroom, hoping, praying, wishing. The door swung open and he caught sight of the figure. She was stood with her back to him, staring out of the window. As soon as she heard him she turned to face him and a smile stretched itself upon her face. "John."

"Rose." He said as he made his way over to her and then he embraced her. 

As soon as she pressed her lips onto his, she knew she found the happiness she had so longed for.