Chapter 9 - Change of Heart

Chapter 9

I couldn’t move, well I felt like I couldn’t move at least for a few minutes and I just let what had just happened to me soak in a little bit. He’d kissed me and he said he forced me, but it didn’t feel forced, I mean, I liked it and it’s not like I was fighting him off. I accepted the kiss. I was shocked in myself more than him. I knew he liked me or at least loved me and so I knew that he wouldn’t have a lot of control around me, but me?! I have better control than this and I knew when to say fuck off, but with him, well I was a bowl of jelly.

I wasn’t shocked in what he had done to me, I mean I was a little surprised, but what I was more shocked at was myself. How could I let him kiss me? How could I have let myself succumb to his kiss? But if I’m truly honest with myself I knew I would succumb to him, I mean who wouldn’t? But I didn’t think I’d succumb this quickly.

I needed to relax and get ready for bed or at least try to get some sleep. I don’t know if my mind would let me sleep after everything that had just happened to me. With my muscles still a little stiff, I decided on a nice warm bath and so I got up before carefully walking into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and started running the hot water into the tub. I found some bath salts in the cupboard under the sink and poured some in, which made the water smell like roses.

I looked at myself in the mirror above the sink and sighed as I saw the redness of my lips. They were still bright from the kiss. I sighed as I got some wipes I’d found with the bath salts and started to take off my makeup. Once the makeup was off, I stopped the water and stripped off my clothes. I put my clothes in the hamper with the others I had worn today and got into the tub. I sighed in bliss as the hot water washed over my tight limbs.

Once I had been in the tub till the water ran cold, I pulled the plug and got out. I wrapped another warm, fluffy white towel around my body and went out of the steamy bathroom to go over to the walk in closet. I went over to the night time section, which I had found a while back when I was looking for knickers. There were a lot of selections. There were pyjamas, shorts and top, night dress, all in ones and it went on to more risky and flirty lingerie that would be better seen in an Ann Summers or Victoria Secret catalogue. Seeing as it was a little warm, I decided to go with a pink champagne plain short chemise that had a lace detailing on the cups and a tie up back.

I put it on and it felt like silk. I tied my hair in to a plat and went out to the bedroom. I popped the wet towel on the radiator to dry and got into bed. I snuggled down into the king sized bed and cuddled up to the pillow. The duvet was cool against my burning skin and I looked out to the window, which was mostly covered by curtains and I could just see the sun starting to peek through.   

I hummed a lullaby to myself to calm myself down and I was already so tired after everything that had happened today that I just gently nodded off. I knew one thing; it would be a sounder and more comfortable night sleep than last nights.

Salem:

How could I have been so stupid? How could I have pushed her into that kiss? How could I have done that to her? Now she’ll never love me or trust me again to even be an inch near her. She and I were getting along and now this happened. I totally screwed up. I chastised myself as I left my sweet Cassandra’s bedroom, locking the door behind me and getting as far away from her as possible as she wanted me to. I went down to the gym and started to work out all of my excess anger.

After working out for what felt like half a day, I went up to my room and showered off the sweat that had covered my body. I rubbed myself dry and got changed into my pyjamas. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair and thought about how I had just screwed up a lot of my chances with her, which I really wish I hadn’t.