Prologue

Prologue

"LET ME GO HOME!" I screamed at the boy, well man, in front of me and I knew that he could kill me, but I didn't care. I'd rather be dead than stuck here, forced to be like one of him. He could kiss my pale white ass.

"You are home." He growled at me and he sounded really animalistic. He was an animal to me. He was evil. How could someone kidnap a young girl like me from a happy family and take her to this...dungeon? This would never be my home. Did he expect me to be happy in this dingy place?

"No, this is a cell!" I screamed at him as I held up my chained hands. I was dirty, tired and sore. I wanted a hot bath, clean clothes and a ride back home to my parents.

"I would gladly take you out of here if you promise to not be any problems." I looked up at the guy and then at my damaged wrists. I really needed to get out of here and I needed to get better. I can't get out of here if I'm chained up to this wall.

"Who are you?" I asked tentatively and stood up shakily from the cold, clammy floor. My legs felt weak and I don't know how long I had been down here. It felt like forever. I'd been given food, fancy food at that, but I was worried that it might have been tampered with.

"My name is Salem La Fey. I am the Prince of Vampires and you are Cassandra Sage Grove." I gaped at him when he said my full name. How did he know me? Wait, he was a vampire? Was he telling me the truth or was he off his rocker?

"How do you know my name?"

"I know everything about you, my love. I've searched for many years for you and I will not let you go now."

"You're crazy! Let me go home, please."

"I will not let you go." He growled possessively at me again and I sighed as I slumped back to the floor. I started to cry and wiped my eyes, causing the chains to jangle. "Cassandra, my love, please just let me take you to your room to get cleaned up and we shall talk more then." The idea of getting cleaned up and in a room that was nicer that this cell, well I'd be happy with an actual bed other than the cold floor, was something I really wanted. I sighed as I looked at my hurt wrist.

"I would like to get cleaned up. My wrists are bleeding." I mumbled sadly.

"I know and I hate that people treated you this way, they will be dealt with and I will nurse you back to health." Salem promised me and I nodded to him.

"Please un-cuff me." I begged and he nodded at me as the guard that was next to my cell unlocked my door. Salem came in and in the dim light of the torch I got to see him better. He was tall, about 5 feet 9, with spiked black hair, tanned skin and brown eyes. He had a little bit of stubble and he looked to be just over 20. He was in a black suit with a white shirt and no tie. He held himself with authority and power.

Salem came over to me and used a key in his hand to unlock my cuffs. He rubbed my sore wrists and I hissed at him in pain. He was cold and that didn't help. I pulled my wrists back and held them close to my chest, protecting myself. Salem looked at me sadly before coming closer to me and I slunk back in fear. He looked hurt and then sighed.

"Can I carry you to your room, please?" He begged of me and I wondered why he would want to carry me. I don't know why he wants to keep touching me.

"I can walk."

"It's safer if I carry you." He quickly replied and I sighed as I nodded at him to carry me. He took me into his arms and although he felt cold to me, I'd never felt warmer. It was like my whole body burned to be close to him and I hated it. I felt my stomach churn at the idea of being happy in the arms of a cold blooded murder. I just wanted a hot bath and then I would plan an escape. He smiled at me and I turned my gaze away from him. He held me to him and carried me out of the dark, dingy and frankly smelly dungeon. He took me up some stairs and into a hallway.

The whole place had a gothic theme to it. The walls were red with black trimming and the carpet was black too.  There were portraits hung on the wall with intricate designed frames and rusty suits of armour stood to attention. The place was lit up with wall torches and hanging chandeliers. He walked through the hallway and into a grand foyer which had marble flooring and high ceilings.

Once in the grand foyer, he went up the main staircase to the first floor and I realised that the whole place had the same red wallpaper with black trimming. The most intricate chandelier with detailed crystals was in the grand foyer.  He went forward to the second stair case and we went up there too. I was taken down the right hallway of the second floor and then into the second door on the right hand side.

I gasped as I looked into the room and at how big it was. It was the size of an apartment with a large King sized gothic four poster bed, a chest-of-draws, walk in wardrobe, connecting bathroom and bed side tables. There was a hanging black crystal chandelier that brightened up the deep purple room and there was a plush purple carpet.

"Here, you will be staying here." He told me as he placed me on the soft purple covers. "There are towels in the bathroom and clothes in the wardrobe. I'll be back in an hour with some food." He told me and then left. I heard the click of the lock on the door and started to cry. I was locked in here. No escape.