Chapter 6 - Anima Gemella

Chapter 6

Salem:

I left her, like I knew that she wanted me to and I locked the door behind me. I knew that locking her in would not make her trust me faster, but I hated the idea that she would run away if I gave her too much lease. However, I knew that she would not get very far if she did indeed choose to run. I’d chase her to the four corners of the Earth, if that’s what it took to get her back.

I hated how she had been treated and how she had been hurt, for that I would keep my promise and punish whoever did this. I hated to see her weary or scared and so the idea of not forcing her to dine with my parents was something that I would never do. She seemed calmer with just me and so tonight, I would give her the finest dinner there ever was.

Dinner was a good few hours away and so I had time to make sure that all my duties were dealt with. I would get the servants to prepare the terrace while the cooks prepare a feast that will make her better. I want her to feel better about this place, about the idea of love and I knew that this would take me time, but she is worth it.

To not believe in true love, well, it makes me think that something horrid has happened in her past and to think that someone might have hurt her makes me burn with anger. I would have their head on a pike for even touching my love. To hurt such a beautiful girl is something I could never do even if I am a monster.

To think that this girl, who I had barely known a few days, has my heart and soul already to the point that I would kill someone even someone who had been by my side for many a years. I love her so much and I hate to think she doesn’t believe in love, so instead I shall show her what love is. I shall shower her in it till it seeps into her very pores and overtakes her mind. I need her to feel what I feel.

I went down the stairs from my mate’s chambers and over to my mother’s office. My parents were soon to step down once my coronation is ready, but we both knew that I required my mate to accept me before that was to happen. I knocked quickly and then walked in. My mother was talking with my father, discussing matters as usual and I wished for this with Cassandra. They looked up at me, their conversation well over and nodded to me as I nodded back.

“Salem, my son, what is it?” My mother asked me as I walked in and I stood before them.

“Who sent my mate to the dungeon?”

“I did.” My mother admitted to me and my fists tightened together.

“Why?” I practically growled at her.

“She was being hostile and she needed restraining. I understand that she is your anima gemella, but at the time, she needed to calm down.” My mother said from behind her desk with her hands clasped together on the desk.

“Do you know that she was hurt? Her wrists bound too tight and she was scratched. I’ve tended to her wounds, but she was still hurt. I want to know who scratched her, who made her bleed?” I ordered to know. I wanted them punished for even touching her and hurting her in this way.

“I asked her to be restrained, but not hurt, my son and I agree, the person who bound her and hurt her, must pay for his crimes. What would you have done to him?” My mother asked of me and I wondered indeed what I would do with the person who indeed had hurt her.

“Perhaps I should do unto him what he has done unto her. Only difference being is that the silver would infect his bloodstream, make him weak for a few weeks, perhaps a month and then give him a lower post, far away from my anima gemella.” I told my parents and they agreed. My father stepped out, probably to retrieve the person who had done this to her and when he returned, he returned with Baton, one of my man servants who came with me the night I found Cassandra.