Chapter 30 - Wedding day

Chapter 30

The days left before my wedding passed so quickly it felt like I'd slept through them. I guess the funeral has taken more out of me then I thought. As soon as the funeral was over I was rushed straight into wedding planning or at least helping with the final touches to what the Queen had already prepared. All I really had to do was pick my wedding dress and I went with a ball gown style white dress with a sweetheart neckline and crystals on the bodice. It had a corset back and it was a beautiful dress on me. I had a white diamond tiara to go in my hair and a veil that connects to it. My hair was going to be done in loose curls with a few strands clipped behind my head and my makeup was going to be done simply and not too heavy.

 The flowers had been picked – a mixture of roses and tulips. The ribbons on the pews were red and the order of service was laid out. The tuxes were all done and made up, the bridesmaid’s dresses too and everyone was rushing around the kingdom getting things ready, such as the feast and reception and the actual wedding ceremony. I could hear people downstairs rushing about.

 Salem had been made to sleep in another part of the castle, away from me tonight and I am lying in bed, staring up at the ceiling waiting for this day to start. I am waiting for the Queen and my bridesmaid to come awaken me.

 I had very few bridesmaids as I knew very few people. I had ordered that Dalia be my Maid of Honour and she accepted, so I had her and I asked Salem’s sister, Isabeau, to be my other bridesmaid as it only seemed fitting. Isabeau had come home a few days ago, missing her nephew’s funeral by a few hours and she was terribly upset with herself. Isabeau had waist length raven black hair, olive skin and hazel eyes. She looked a lot like her brother, but she was more hyperactive then her brother. She really liked to talk and the first day she was here she was talking to me and then her dead nephew. She was saying how sorry she was for missing the funeral and she was going to stay home from now on and help me with the birth of the child I was still pregnant with. I asked the small child, Arabella, to be my flower girl and that was my wedding party.

 Just as I was about to get up myself, the door to the bedroom was slammed open and in giddily ran Isabeau followed by her mother, Dalia and Arabella. Isabeau pulled back the covers to my bed and giddily clapped her hands at me as she came over to me to get me out of bed.

 “Good morning, sister-to-be.” Isabeau said with a giddy tone to her voice. She put her hand out to me and I took it before she yanked me out of bed and on to my feet. “Time to get you ready.” She said to me with a smile and then her hand wandered down to my bump, giving it a light caress and she did this every time she saw me.

 The dresses for the bridesmaids were thin strapped with a heart shaped bodice and they were a rich red colour. The flower girl’s dress was thick strapped, but sleeveless with a straight bodice and a white ribbon around the waist.

 “Let’s not overwhelm her, let’s just get ready.” The Queen said and she cleared her throat, which signalled an army of hair and make-up people to descend on us. While everyone else was made to sit in chairs and get their hair pulled, straightened and worked in, I was pushed into the shower to clean up.

 After my shower, I too was pushed into my own chair so that my hair and make-up could be completed. My face was lightly brushed with make-up and my hair was dried before being heated up to be curled. I felt my face being drawn on with make-up and my hair being pulled into place.

 Once I was done, I was slipped into my wedding dress and tied in. I was a little worried about how the baby was taking being pushing back, but they left it just loose enough for my stomach. My tiara was put into my hair and the veil was clipped to the tiara. I sat down at my vanity and a maid put on my shoes. My shoes for the wedding were Ivory silk charley crystal encrusted peep toe shoes with a heel height of 11cm. I’d be wearing these shoes up and down the aisle before changing into Ivory silk and crystal halle peep toe flat shoes for the reception. My tiara was a spectacular, regal tiara inspired by regency design - scrolls, teardrops and hanging rows of beads featured on it.