Chapter 10

* Anastasia's P.O.V *

I got dressed in a silver metalic tank top with a cropped short sleeve leather jacket , boots , and a cameo ring and necklace to go with my heart bracelet and my lapis locket . 

I walked out and Damon was waiting for me .
" You look hot . " he said .
" Really , I don't feel like I'm running a fever . " I said , putting a hand to my forehead .

Damon chuckled and grabbed my hand , leading me out to his car . He hit a button and " Party Like a Rockstar " by Shop Boys came on and I started to move to the rythm . Damon smiled and hit the gas .
" This century is so .. advanced . " I added .

He nodded and we pulled up to the Gilbert house .

" When I said you were hot ... I meant you look ... sexy . " he said , looking me over .

I smiled and blushed .
" Caroline chose the pants . " I said as we got out and linked arms .

Damon didn't even to bother to ring the doorbell , he just put an arm around me and we walked in . Stefan got up and gave me a hug .

" Elena's making steak . " he said .

I nodded .
" I'll go see if she needs any assistance . " I said and walked into the kitchen to find Elena reading a cookbook .

" Hey ." she smiled .

" Hello . " I said , smiling back .

" Pardon me , but I think you should soak the meat in some wine first . " I suggested .
" You know how to make this ? " she asked , relieved .

I nodded .

I prepared the steaks , showing her exactly how and then I sprinkled parsley over the top for flavor and she put them in the oven .

" Thanks . " she said .

" Not a problem . " I said .

We walked back in the living room and a boy walked down the stairs and paused  .

" Who is THAT ? " he asked , raising an eyebrow .

" Jeremey , this is my friend , Anna . " Elena introduced .

He looked hurt at the mention of my name .

" If Anna brings up bad times , you can call me Anya or Anastasia if it pleases you . " I said .

He smiled .

" Cool . " he said , walking over and shaking hands with the Salvatores .

" Cool ? " I muttered.

" Cool means good . " Elena said , giggling .

" What ever happened to proper speech  ? " I asked .

" It went out the window with corsets and hoop skirts . " Damon said , laughing .

I rolled my eyes .

" You make me feel ANCIENT ! " I said , annoyed .
" You're 1000 years old  . " Stefan said .

Jeremey looked shocked .
" You're a vampire ? " he asked .

" An original . "  I stated .

" You're Klaus's sister ? " Jeremey asked .

" No , I'm his former lover . " I said with a sigh .

Everyone looked confused .
" It's a LONG story. " I said .

" Maybe you'll tell us sometime . " Stefan said .

" Maybe . " I muttered .

We sat down and I recieved compliments on my dinner and I ended up giving out my receipe .
" So ... how are you an original if you're not a Mkealson ? " Jeremey asked .