Chapter 2

After a year of traveling to all sorts of places , I was ready to return home . Aunt Ruth was planning on extending her stay with us to help mamma . Aunt Ruth had much more money then us and for my 17th birthday , she bought me a dapple-grey horse named Moonrose . Ruth drove the cart on the way home with the goods we brought back for mamma and Tatia . Our boat had brought us back into the new world and from then on we had to drive the rest of the way by cart . When we arrived home , I was not suprised to see our cottage still full of women for fittings . Just like before , I thought with a smile . As soon as she heard the cart , mamma ran out of the house , calling my name .

" ANNA ! ANYA ! MY LITTLE ANASTASIA ! MY LITTLE ROSE ! " she wept with happiness .

I jumped off the cart and ran to her .

" MAMMA ! OH MAMMA ! " I yelped and ran into my mother's tender arms .

She held me and pulled me tight as if this would be the last time .

Two beautiful blonde women walked out of our cottage to see mamma and I embracing eachother. They smiled and I saw that one of the girls was around my age .

" Mamma , where is Tatia ? " I asked .
" She's in town . " Mamma said .

I smiled .

" Oh ! Esther , Rebeka ! I'm sorry , how rude of me . Anna , come meet my new friends . They moved here shortly after you left on your voyage . " mamma said , pulling me toward the blondes .

The older one looked me up and down and smiled at me .
" Hello , you must be your mother's dearest Anna . We've heard so much about you . I'm Esther . " the oldest woman said .

" I'm Rebeka . Wow , you're even more beautiful then I thought . I can't wait for us to become great friends . " The younger blonde said .

" It's a pleasure . " I said .

My mother ran a hand through my long dark hair that fell down the front of my skirt in lose waves .

" Darling , your hair . It's so long . " she gawked.

" I smiled .

" Aunt Ruth says it's getting darker everyday . " I said .

My mother smiled .
" You know , Anna , you don't mind if I call you Anna do you ? " Esther asked .

" Not at all , Miss Esther . " I said warmly .

She smiled .
" Well you and your mother and your sister should all come to dinner tonight . " Esther said .

Rebeka's smile widened .

" That's a great idea , mother ! " Rebeka said cheerfully .

" Yes , you see , Rebeka has five brothers and she never gets to associtate with girls her age . It will be fun . " Esther coaxed .

My mother smiled .

" It sounds like fun , Anya . And it's perfect for your present . I can't believe my little girl is 17 ! " she gushed .

I smiled .

" It's just a year , mamma . " I said .

Just then I heard the fimilar sound of barefeet on a dusty path . I whirled around as fast as my legs would allow to see Tatiana .

" Tatiana ! " I yelled .

" Anastasia ! " She replied and we ran to eachother , pulling eachother close .

I heard my mother and Esther laugh .
" I see they are really close . " Esther commented .

My mother nodded .

Aunt Ruth walked up to my mother and introduced herself to Esther .