Chapter 6

I remembered that night clearly , as if a sharp knife forever lodged into my body . That night . Klaus and I had been courting for 3 months . We were madly in love and there was talk of a possible proposal . Ever since that one day we shared our first kiss and our feelings , Elijah hasn't looked upon me once . It pained me to see him so hurt and distraught . But that night everything would change. Klaus had told me not to leave the cottage during the night and said it was dangerous . I hadn't see Tatia since that morning and the sun was already setting . Even though I knew Klaus and Elijah would resent me for it , I had to find my sister and bring her home . Mamma was asleep with a book in her hands as I crept out into the twilight . I put on a cloak to disguise my identity and made my way into the village to look for my sister . I searched and searched and finally the sun set and I was left alone in the streets under the cover of nightfall . It was then when a scream ran out . I followed the source all the way to the woods , not pausing to think of the danger before me . When I skidded to a stop , I saw the Mikealsons standing over the body of Henrick and I gasped . They all turned to me with angry or sad or fearful expressions . I was in shock . Henrick had been my friend . All of the Mikealsons had. Seeing the look of shock and horror on my face , Klaus ran to my side and pulled me in his arms .

" I thought I told you not to come out this late . " he scolded gently .

" I-It's Tatitana ! She didn't come home. " I explained .

Everyone turned to me .

" You'd risk your life for Tatia ? " Kol asked .

I looked at all of them with a strong expression , masking my horror .

" Of course . She is my sister and therefore one half of me . " I said .

I looked down at Henrick and shuddered . His body laid out mauled and ripped apart . Rebeka was crying into Finn's shoulder and I pushed Klaus away and walked over , pulling her close .

" You're an angel , Anna. " she whimpered .

I shook my head .

" Shhh ... everything will be alright , Beka . " I managed to say in a hoarse whisper .

I heard another scream . A scream I knew all to well . Tatia .

" TATIA ! " I screamed and bolted past the Mikealsons toward my sister's shrieks.

" Anna ! Anastasia ! It's not safe ! " Elijah and Klaus yelled after me at once .

I kept running and didn't look back .

I arrived to the source of the screams and saw that it wasn't Tatia . It was a local village girl . She must've been about 14 or 15 and there was something that had her cornered . A beast ! A harry beast ! Like a giant wolf ! As soon as I ran up , the thing whirled around and studided me . I gulped . I was sure it was Tatia . The wolf spun around and killed the girl , ripping her apart , before running after me . I screamed and took off running through the woods , the wolf only a few paces behind . I saw Klaus , Elijah , Finn and Kol run in my direction and pause in amazement .

" NIKLAUS ! " I screamed and he looked pained , but never made a move .

I was shocked . Would he really let me die ? Did he really care so little for me ?

I wipped back tears as I kept running .

* Esther's P.O.V *

" Esther , do the spell . They already took our Henrick ! How many more must die ? " Mikeal demanded .

" For that I would need blood. " I responded .

" Who ? " he asked .

" I don't know . " I sighed .