Chapter 19

The next day I dressed in dark jeans , a red tank top with a low neckline , and tall black leather boots with a cropped leather jacket  . My hair was curly and I walked into the Mikealson mannor with a Salvatore on each arm . Again all of the Mikealsons were in the foyer except for Esther.

" What's with them? " Finn asked .

I rolled my eyes.

" My new " body guards " . " I said sarcastically .

Kol , Klaus and Elijah broke out laughing .

" You've got to be kidding me ! " Klaus said .

" Oh , she's serious . Damon's made it his new mission to make sure she doesn't get a scratch . " Stefan said .

" Is that so ? " Kol asked , chuckling.

" Now , now . They're just here to make sure nothing goes wrong . I don't exactly trust your mother , seeing as how she's the one who had me killed in the first place . " I said .

" Besides , it's not like you're the only ones who can care about her . " Damon said smirking .

I walked up to Elijah and kissed him .
" Play nice . " he said .

" I'll play nice , but I won't play fair . " I said , walking up the stairs .

I walked in the sitting room and Esther smiled .

" Hello , Anna , dear . " she said , sweetly .

I sighed .
" Hello , Esther. " I said .

" I'm so glad you came . I know this must be difficult for you . " she said .

" You have NO idea . " I said .

She motioned to the couch and I sat down cautiously .

" I understand why you're so nervous,  but believe me when I say you're safe here . I'm aware of 6 vampires downstairs who wouldn't hesitate to kill me if I hurt you . " she said .

I chuckled quietly , imagineing it . I really hated this woman .

" I'm not sure you quite understand the impact you've had on my family . " Esther said quietly .

" I'm not sure I do . " I said .

" Well , Klaus and Elijah used to fight all the time and Kol used to cry himself to sleep because he believed he was in love with you too . " Esther said .

" Kol ? " I asked .

She nodded .

" I trust you can understand my rage now ? " she asked .

I was silent .

" I always thought you were a very beautiful woman . Far more beautiful then your sister . I thought things would be different ,  but you entranced them .... all of them ...." she sighed .

" That was never my intention . " I stated  .

" I know . " she said .

I looked down .

" I'd always pictured you with my Elijah . You were to reserved for Klaus , but you fell for him and believe me , he fell for you twice as hard . Everytime you laughed at one of Klaus's jokes , everytime you two held hands , everytime you were together , it hurt Elijah and I couldn't handle it . " Esther explained .

I looked up .

" It all got out of hand one night when Elijah saw Klaus and Tatia together . He came back and when Klaus came home , he confronted him about it at dinner . They fought and Elijah almost killed him .... " Esther countinued .
" I get it ! " I said , upset .
" No , I don't think you do . " Esther said , coldly .

I ran a hand through my thick dark hair .

Esther sighed .
" But ... my family refuses to live without you ... so therefore we must put the past behind us . If not for anyone else's sake but Elijah's . " she said .

I looked up .

" Elijah ? " I asked .
" Yes , he said that he won't live without you . " Esther said .

I smiled .

" Come now . " Esther said , pulling me to my feet and into a hug .

Is this a joke ? Really ?

" There , now that that's settled ... you're free to go . " she said .

I nodded .

" Goodbye . " I said .

" Goodbye ." Esther said and I walked downstairs to see everyone still in thier original postions .

Damon looked relieved when he saw me .

" How did it go ? Did mommy dearest threaten you ? " Kol asked .

I shook my head .

" What's wrong ? " Elijah asked .

" N-Nothing . " I said .

" Are you sure ? " he asked .

" I just need some ... time . " I said .

I kissed him on the cheek and walked out . In the car on the way home , Damon looked worried .

" Are you alright ? Did that wench hurt you ? " he asked .

" No . She just ... told me some things . " I said .

" Like what ? " Stefan asked .
" Like the fact that I tore her family apart . Elijah , Klaus and Kol . " I said .

" I understand Elijah and Klaus ... but ... Kol too ? " Stefan asked .

" Apparently . " I said .
" Well , I understand . She IS goregous . " Damon said .

" Thanks . " I said .

Maybe it was time I took my leave of the original family . Maybe Damon and I could go traveling . I just didn't want to be the reason for so much hatred .