Movie Night

Three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon found Elsa sitting alone, silently skimming stones across the smooth surface of the pond behind the house. The sun was still stationed high in the sky and, though slowing growing paler, its warm rays were still reluctant to abandon the world below.

A white light shone through the material of her pocket, and she fished out her phone.

CallMeAlfie:  Hey, Gabriel wants to know if you and your brothers can come over early to help set the living room up.

EWinchester:  Sure, I'll ask.

CallMeAlfie:  Thanks.  He said he messaged them but they haven't replied.

EWinchester:  I'll go see what's up.

Elsa replaced her phone in her pocket and made off in the direction of the house. It soon became obvious why her brothers hadn't been answering their phones.

Sam and Dean were both round the side of the building shouldering air rifles as they tried to shoot over a line of tin cans positioned at the other end of the yard.

"Who's winning?" Elsa asked, walking over.

"I am." They both answered.

"Sammy, I hate to break it to ya, but I'm a much better shot than you," Dean insisted.

"We both know that's not even close to true. I'm beating you!"

"Yeah, in your dreams."

Elsa rolled her eyes as she scooped up the third air rifle from its position propped against the brickwork of the house.  She loaded it, took aim at the furthest can, and shot, sending the target can flying over backward.

"There, now we're all winning." She replaced the rifle on the side. "Oh, and check your phones. Gabriel wants us to go over early and help set up."

It was quite rare that Elsa tried to show off, but she couldn't help feeling a little smug as she walked away in the direction of the front door.  She did have a pretty good shot; it ran in the family.  All three Winchesters were all about as good as each other, though none of them would admit it and would all claim that they were the best.

She took out her phone again.

EWinchester:  We'll be over in a bit.

CallMeAlfie:  I'll tell the others.

EWinchester:  Hey, Samandriel?

Despite the Novak's display name, Elsa barely ever called him Alfie. She wasn't sure why, other than the fact that she was convinced he had one of the best names on earth. He never seemed to mind, though.

CallMeAlfie:  Yeah?

EWinchester:  Dean asked me to check, you guys did remember to invite Adam, right?

CallMeAlfie: He was first on the guest list :)

~~

Dean smiled as his sister showed him her phone screen.

He'd just wanted to double check. He still wasn't over Adam's comment about being forgotten and he felt that he had a duty to look out for him; besides, Adam was actually pretty cool anyway, it didn't make sense that people seemed to forget him.

~~

"I think that's it."

Cas stood back admiring their handy work. They'd pushed back the two sofas to the walls of the living room and loaded the coffee table with food and fizzy pop.  Since they were ordering pizza later, it was mainly just snacks: crisps, biscuits, candy (courtesy of Gabriel) and a small collection of fruit (courtesy of the two youngest Winchesters).  In addition to this, Anna had laid out a bunch of DVDs in a neat arc across the carpet.