Let There Be Destiel

Dean and Michael sat at the back of their maths class, taking it in turns to complain about the work. 

"I'm actually sure that this question is impossible," Michael groaned, his face so close to the textbook it was almost touching. 

"You know what?" Dean picked up a red marker and drew a ring around 'x' in his work book.  "There.  I've found x, I hope they're happy." 

Michael chuckled to himself.  "Yep, you'll go far."

Dean muttered something under his breath and continued to glare at his textbook.  Sam would have this sorted in no time, he thought.

That only made him even more annoyed at himself.  Why couldn't he do this too?  It probably wasn't  even that hard.  He sighed and sunk further back into his chair, twirling the marker between his finger tips. He'd just about given up on maths, and it was only the first lesson. 

~~

"Wow,  you're smarter than you look, kiddo," Gabriel whispered, leaning over to look at Sam's notes. 

Sam shrugging modestly and refocused his attention on the teacher at the front of the class, Mr. Moriarty, who was talking about dissections. 

"You've got nice handwriting too," Gabriel added. 

Sam nodded, trying to concentrate on Gabriel and the professor simultaneously.  He failed, ended up writing Gabriel's comment in his notes and was forced to rule a neat line through the sentence.

"Sorry, am I distracting you, Samsquash?"

"A little," Sam whispered, trying not to sound too rude. 

Gabriel just laughed and edged away.

~~

Elsa had chosen another window seat, this time beside Alfie, as the Literature class had filed in and the lesson, which was doomed to drag by, commenced.

Looking around, she proceeded to occupy herself with the view from the window, which was limited to a small flower bed on the floor below.  It wasn't exactly entertaining, but was definitely more interesting than the lesson at hand.

A small tap on her shoulder made her jump.

"Are you alright?"  Alfie whispered, trying to avoid being spotted talking out of turn. 

Elsa smiled slightly to indicate that she was.

"Okay.  It's just, you weren't paying any attention."

"Sorry," she whispered back, "It's a sleep thing."  She mentally face-palmed herself.  That hadn't really made much sense.  "I'll explain later."

"Alright."  Alfie seemed to have decided not to push it further, and continued to listen to what was being said. 

Elsa picked up her pen, and did the same.

~~

Second period rolled into third, which eventually rolled into lunch. 

Though Dean's third period hadn't been with any of the people he'd been with at break, he'd made the assumption that they'd be in the same place as before and had therefore managed to navigate his way back to the canteen.

He'd been right. 

Charlie waved wildly as Dean made his way over to the table and wondered for the second time whether he was makinging the right choice.

"Afternoon, Bitch," she sing-songed.

Dean smiled in spite of himself and took the spare seat beside her, just as he spotted a familiar looking boy walking with a much shorter companion, who was twirling a lollipop in his mouth. "Sammy!" Dean called, capturing the attention of his younger brother.