First Impressions

The high school was only a ten minute drive from Bobby's house, and Sam had spent the majority of the journey checking his watch. 

"Relax, Sammy," Dean sighed, pulling up and cutting the engine.  "You've still got twenty minutes before lessons start."

"But we have to find our classes first, Dean,"  Sam countered, stepping out of the car. "And don't call me Sammy."

Dean only laughed.

Elsa followed her brothers out of the car and moved to stand next to Sam, who was already trying to navigate his way to the Principal's office. 

"I'll be back soon, Baby," Dean assured, patting the Impala affectionately as he locked it. 

Sam rolled his eyes, repositioned his bag on his shoulder and started walking towards the main building, Elsa falling into step behind him as they joined the masses of students already streaming across the school yard and piling though the entrance. 

Dean hung back, strolling leisurely behind the two, his hands tucked inside the pockets of his brown leather jacket.

~~

They made it to the Principal's office before the bell sounded, after having taken only a few wrong turns (which served to frustrate Sam further) and having to stop twice to ask a stray student for directions.

"Hello, boys," Principal Crowley greeted them on entering. "And girl," he added, on looking up.

"Hello."  Sam was the only one who'd bothered to respond.

"Please," he invited, showing them into his office and offering them each a seat on the other side of his desk. "You must be the Winchesters," he went on without waiting for a reply, "My name is Principal Crowley—"

"That's a funny first name," Dean muttered.

Sam kicked him under the table.

"I see you're quite the comedian," Crowley drawled, not sounding the slightest bit phased by the interruption.  "Of course, 'Principal' is not my first name, but it is what you will call me.  Now, I would have someone show you to your classes, but I'm fresh out of volunteers, so you'll have to make do with these."  He handed them each a small map and timetable from across the desk. 

Dean scanned his quickly, crumpled it slightly in his hand and then stuffed it into his pocket. 

Sam smoothed his out and started attempting to locate his first lesson, Elsa leaning over next to him, trying to assist.

"Now if you don't mind," Crowley paused, waiting until he had their attention. "I'm a rather busy man.  I might get someone to check up on you at some point during the day, but for now, I trust you'll find your lessons yourselves."  He turned and began staring out of the office window, allowing the trio to escort themselves out. 

Once in the corridor, Sam and Elsa began making their way up a flight of stairs, in the direction of their first lesson, which they were lucky enough to have together. 

"Enjoy maths," Dean teased.

"It's History," Elsa corrected.

"Yeah, I know.  I'm just messing with you."

"Oh."

Dean grinned.  "Now you two take care of each other, and stay out of trouble," he warned, moving away in the direction of the English department. 

"Coming from you," Sam scoffed, raising his eyebrows and giving his brother a half-hearted bitchface. 

"Point taken.  And if anyone gives either of you any trouble, I expect to hear about it.  I'll put them in their place, don't you worry."