Chapter 59

Elm

I lay on the cold table with gel coating my exposed abdomen as Marco sat on the side of me giddy as hell. Maybe it was because of all that was going on or the fact that this was my second pregnancy but I didn't feel as excited as I had the first go around.

"I swear to God if you say magic dick I'll cut yours off and make sure this never happens again," I said to him in an annoyed voice. He had managed to get me knocked up with twins. While he sat next to me happy I was a mix of loathing he changes my body was going to go through and happy to have more children with the man that I loved. He had wanted a big family which we already had and now we would have an even larger one.

"I'm guessing you were going for a single delivery this time," Dr. Farrah our nurse just over a decade ago said to me.

"Yeah this wasn't exactly in the plan, I thought I was done having babies honestly," I told her as she took a napkin and rubbed the slick residue off of my petering belly.

"Well now you get to have two more bundles of joy," she said with a kind smile.

"Yeah baby two more kids, we have like six now," Marco said with pride probably thinking about having a full house for a long time. He was going to go through a harsher empty nest syndrome than I was so this was all good news as far as he was concerned.

"Six," Dr. Farrah said as she counted on her fingers.

"He's not stupid we took in my son's best friend now my youngest son's boyfriend," I said to her.

"Wow that was a really modern family description," I said thinking about how just two decades ago tons of people didn't tell their parents they were anything other than straight.

"Oh wow," she said while pulling down my shirt.

"Yeah," I said lifting myself up and placing a hand over my babies. I was zoned out for the rest of the appointment since I pretty much knew what to expect going forward with the pregnancy. The next thing I knew I was in the car with Marco as he drove to a farmers market prepared to buy a ton of things I'm not going to eat.

"I know you're nervous but I am so happy right now, I know you aren't happy about the changes your body is going through and everything. I want you to know that I'm here every step of the way," he said before he leaned over and kissed the side of my face and immediately turned his attention to the road pulling up to the farmer's market. I got out of the car before he could open my door and wished I had put on a long sleeved shirt under my windbreaker but I couldn't let Marco know that since he suggested that I do that at the house and I ignored him. 

"Here," he said walking up behind me and putting his jacket over my shoulders.

"You're shivering," he said to me with a laugh and threw his arm over my shoulder and walked with me as we weaved in and out of the makeshift aisles of vendors picking up different products at the various booths. 

"So when were you going to tell me about your little talk with Germany," I asked getting bored walking around. Marco didn't know this but he talked in his sleep, he had been doing it for years. it's how I learned what my birthday presents were, how much he actually spent on the boy's presents and anything else he worked at keeping a secret from me.

"Huh," he asked.

"You're not dumb and you have perfect hearing," I said to him using my head to hit him on his side.

"Fine I had a few questions regarding his paternity, I mean Germany and London are similar names. The way you looked at him when we first met him... you looked like you saw a ghost. I had to ask him a few questions," he said not even wincing from e side head butting him which annoyed me.

"So what did you learn," I said while looking at the pressed juice in a glass bottle that was in front of us.

"Nothing really, apparently he's adopted but that doesn't mean he couldn't be in some way related to London. I'm determined to find out what makes me suspicious of him."

"You don't have to do that, we should focus on the babies," I said to him.

"Nah, by the time those babies get here I want all of our problems to be solved," he said stopping me before we could walk away and made me face him," I can't wait for us to not have to deal with this bullshit anymore. I want to raise the twins as we did with the boys. Remember when you stayed in the parking lot for weeks while the boys were in pre-k. You were terrified that you would come to get them and they wouldn't be there and I don't want that for you..not again." He leaned down and kissed me which I returned.

"I have a few things in mind for how I'm going to solve this. I'm going to need for you to trust me. Do you trust me," he asked me while looking deep into my eyes.

"Yeah I do," I said barely above a whisper. I was nervous for what was to come but I knew that like always Marco would protect me and our family so I was just going to have to let him do what he did best and hope that it all worked out.

Sorry, it takes me so long to update my stories. Been busy and I get distracted by other stories that have been floating around in my head. I'll try to stick to a schedule.

The Guard To My SanctuaryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara