Chapter 64

Maddox

"That's baby oil, not coconut oil there's a difference," Beo shouted at me as grandma shook her head.

"I swear you don't understand English," she said getting louder with each word. They had both become pit bulls since Calloway left the hospital. At least one of them was at his side at all times. Goliath at one point tried to get on his bed and got cussed out so bad he seemed too scared to come back up the steps.

"Sorry," I said walking out the room and into Ozias who looked drained by the both of them. It wasn't this bad when our parents were around since they would tend to his needs mostly. I walked back into the bathroom and looked in the cabinet under the sink for the coconut oil. I saw this small round container with a coconut on the front and grabbed it hoping that it was what I needed. I walked into the room and held it up for them to see and they ushered me over. Calloway was laying under many blankets looking annoyed that would not giving him any space. After passing out and overheating he had very little choice when it came to people being around until they trusted him to take care of himself together.

"That's all, make sure the pot roast isn't overcooked," Grandma told me and I went down to the kitchen to check if everything was cooking up nice. With no bad smells and there still being broth in the pot I assumed it was good and went to the couch. Sitting down I pulled out my phone to see what Wylder was doing. I really missed her and knew that she missed me especially with the pictures she had been sending me lately.

Knock... Knock... Knock...

Someone beat on the door hard luckily Ozias was coming down the stairs and headed for the door so I didn't have to get up which made me happy.

"What the fuck are you doing here nigga," Ozias said his voice deep and aggressive. That was all I needed to hear before I was up and on my feet to see who was agitating my brother. While I was walking over I hard grunts and could hear pounding on the wall as if someone was fighting. I went from a walk to a run and saw Ozias choking Germany who also had his hands around my brother's neck. Without the smallest hint of hesitation, I walked up on Germany and swung on him hitting him in his eye.

"What's going on down here," my grandmother asked running down the stairs stopping and running back up probably to get her phone when she saw Germany stumbling back.

"Yo let me see him," he said blinking the eye that I had hit.

"Get the fuck from around here," Ozias spat.

"Just let me see Calloway he's having my baby," he said sounding desperate.

"How do you even know about that," I asked knowing that Calloway hadn't been in contact with him since Mom took his phone.

"That doesn't matter," he shouted. I heard feet hitting the stairs quick and hard and turned to see Beo running down with this crazed expression on his face. He was booking it to Germany so I turned and lifted him off the ground as he began yelling and flailing about.

"Oh, you lying bitch, you fucking bitch. You got my best friend pregnant and been fucking around with their stalker. I will fucking kill you then slice your balls off for good measure," he shouted and I looked at Ozias.

"Take him back upstairs," I said and Ozias grabbed him from me and lifted Beo over my shoulder and dragged him away.

"You have to go," I said beginning to shut the door on him. He pushed at it trying to get into the house and I pushed back doing my best to keep him out.

"Calloway, come downstairs. I just want to see you," he shouted pushing so hard that the knob hit me in the hip sending this sharp pain up my body and I lot balance falling on the ground giving Germany enough time to push into the house. I felt so angry that I jumped up and tackled him from behind knocking him into a lamp and we began to struggle. He held me by the arms keeping me from swinging on him.

"Get the fuck off my son," the voice of my dad boomed near the front door. Germany didn't get a chance to comply before he was lifted up and dropped on his back he began throwing punches at Germany showing that his time in the gym wasn't for show. Germany tried to defend himself but ended up balling up to protect himself from my dad who kept beating on him.

"Marco stop before you kill him," mom shouted waddling over to a chair to rest his feet which I assumed were swollen causing to have to hold his shoes and walk in his socks. 

"Marco get off of him now," Grandpa said running up and pulling my dad off of Germany who was bleeding from a cut on his face. Dad finally stood to his feet his hands bloody and his face portraying just how furious that he was. Grandpa who was in uniform walked over to Germany to pulling out his handcuffs and placing one on Germany's wrist. He then dragged Germany to the banister attaching the other end to a rung making sure it was secure.

"Marco go upstairs and cool off, Elm go sit on the couch," he barked causing them both to do as told before he started talking to me.

"Maddox are you okay," he asked noticing me rubbing my side.

"Yeah he barged into the house but I didn't let him get upstairs or anything," I said and he nodded at me with this look that felt like he was saying I had done a good job. I felt proud that I had made him proud since he was the man I tried to model myself after. He was a steady member of the family that protected everyone and was the person we all ran to when something was going wrong. I knew that he was stressing about his brother in law who was undergoing chemotherapy, his son, and grandson who were both going through extremely dangerous pregnancies and he was still searching for the man that turned his life upside down. Yet he carried himself with integrity, honor, and authority that most wouldn't be able to do that.

"It took you long enough to get here and could you get him out my house," grandma said walking down alone steeping over Germany without a second glance.

"I will when everyone calms down and I have a word with him," he said to her. Since he seemed to have everything handled down here I went and checked out what was going on with Calloway. I stepped over Germany who was groaning in pain and made my way to my brother's room. He was sitting there spaced out a few tears running down his face I got on the bed with him and held him in my arms.

"I need to know if he knew about London before he met me If he did then I never want to see him again. I need you to tell me what he says I need you to do that for me," he said his voice full of emotion.

"Alright brother," I said getting out of bed and walking to the stairs just behind my dad whos hands was stained with dried blood.