Emily: "Shit Josh I'm so sorry yeah let's go for a walk, I might get a drink."

We started heading off and away from Ethan and Freya. As we turned the corner, I watched as Josh felt a bit more relaxed as he took a deep breath and steadied himself.

Emily: "Dude you really need to calm down, seriously you look like you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown."

Josh: "Emily J kind of am right now. It's killing me inside that everything is so normal, everything is so fine and happy and I'm not happy, I'm scared, I'm terrified and I don't know what to do."

Emily: "OK so first of all, breathe Josh. It's just us and you know no matter what I'm always going to be here. Did you kill someone?"

Josh: "What?"

Emily: "Did you assault someone? Physically, emotionally or... You know?"

Josh: "No Emily what the fuck."

Emily: "I'm just making sure I don't need to hide any bodies."

Josh: "This is serious."

Emily: "I know it is but Josh you have to understand that I don't know what's going on in that head of yours. For all I know you could get off to Turtle porn I don't know."

Josh: "How the fuck are we friends?"

Emily: "I'll let you know when I come up with something."

I could see he was a lot more relaxed so my job was done, but now he had to tell me whatever was eating away at him. I can think of three things but I'm kind of hoping it's one over the others.

Josh: "Emily do you think I'm a good person?"

That was definitely not one of the three scenarios I had in my head.

Emily: "Of course I do, Josh you are an incredible person, you are intelligent and so happy and spontaneous, you are a gorgeous young man and I know you top your classes. You have such a bright future ahead of you. And with this whole YouTube thing taking off its incredible to see you finally getting the recognition you deserve."

Josh blushed deeply before giving me that awkward smile that made me so desperately want to be his friend three years ago.

Josh: "Emily, I need you to promise me. Please and I will get on my knees and beg you, to please still be my friend after today."

Emily: "Joshua Bradley, I will stand here and tell you, with every Fibre of my being that no matter what you say. I will still be your friend, hang out with you and the others outside of school and J promise I will still be your friend after this."

Josh: "Promise?"

Emily: "I promise."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but this was way too important to him, I wouldn't dare interrupt him to check my phone. If it's an emergency, they can call me.

Josh: "Emily I've been struggling with this for a while now and I think I'm finally ready."

Emily: "Ready for what?"

Josh: "Emily, I think I like guys. Not just, men and women... Just exclusively. Guys."

Emily: "Holy shit really?"

I could see the tears building in his eyes, and my heart instantly broke for him. He has been struggling for so long and you can see it in his eyes, the way he talks about it, the words he used. He has been dealing with this for years... I probably could have reacted a bit better. I leaned forward and threw my arms around his shoulders as he rested his face into mine. I could hear him sob as the tears fell and stained my jumper but you know what. I don't care because my best friend just conquered a massive demon that you can't just get over. That shit haunts you for years. And it will haunt you and loom over you for the rest of your life.