Chapter 26- Paradise

Chapter 26-Paradise

Violet's POV-

I threw my suitcases into the trunk of the taxi and sat next to Phil. I was so excited for us to finally have a week all alone to ourselves, wherever we were going.

I took out my iPhone and plugged my headphones in and began blasting Muse. I smiled to myself as I felt Phil slip his hand into mine.

A zoo of butterflies escaped into the pit of my stomach. I love this man so much and I am glad to finally be able to call him my husband.

I closed my eyes and let the music guide me to sleep. I was awoken by Phil shaking me and calling my name repeatedly.

"We're here, at the airport." Phil said.

I yawned and stretched before departing the taxi with Phil and grabbing our suitcases from the trunk. We quickly headed to gate 4, our plane.

"I'm so excited." I whispered to Phil once we reached security.

After we went through security and all of that crazy fun stuff, we finally boarded the plane. I took the windowseat next to Phil.

'I hate aeroplanes,' I thought to myself, nestling my head on Phil's shoulder.

"It's okay." Phil whispered in my ear, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

The plane started off and I wrapped my arms around Phil, he returned the favor.

"Just think about how amazing it will be once we get there." Phil said, pushing my hair back.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see once we get there." Phil grinned.

"Phiiil. I hate surprises." I said, my voice muffled by Phil's sweatshirt.

"Well you'll love this one." he said.

"Okay, but isn't there some sort of girlfriend discount for the amount of surprises I get in 2 days?" I laughed.

"There are no discounts for surprises, silly." he giggled.

"Well there should be." I moaned.

"Until the inventor of surprises announces that there should be, you shall be surprised as much as I fancy you to be." Phil told me.

"There should be a discount." I whispered under my breathe.

"Build a bridge, and get over it." Phil joked.

"I'm not good at building things, Philip." I responded.

I rested my head on his shoulder and talked about the randomest of things until the plane finally landed at our surprise destination.

We left the plane, got our luggage, and left the airport.

Phil took out his phone to call a taxi and we sat outside on a bench. We were in Mexico, but I had no idea where we were going.

The air was warm and smelled like salt water, palm trees swayed in the hot breeze, and seagulls squacked as they swarmed in the sky.

This place was so beautiful and unlike anything I've ever seen before.

"The taxi is on it's way." Phil said, placing his phone in his pocket.

"Yay." I smiled.

"We're going to our beach-house now since it's so late, but we can go to the boardwalk tomorrow if you'd like." Phil said as the taxi pulled up.