Chapter 23- Wedding Eve

Violet's POV-

(This chapter takes place two weeks after the previous one)

"I do."

"I do." I repeated over and over in the mirror.

Tomorrow was the day of my wedding and I was not emotionally or physically prepared. I was also worried that I would trip on something or embarrass myself infront of all my family. I was excited as well since I would finally figure out where the secret wedding place was.

"You okay in there, Violet?" Phil asked, knocking on the door.

"Uh yeah." I say.

I unlock the door and step out and Phil leans in to give me a quick kiss on the cheek,"You excited for the wedding tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'm also nervous." I admit.

"Violet, you have nothing to worry about. You are perfect." he said.

"What if I trip? What if I do something wrong?" I sighed.

"You won't. You're going to be just fine, don't worry." he smiled.

"I hope so." my stomach did that flippy thing whenever I thought about marrying Phil. It was something that year 7 Violet could only dream of happening, but now it was happening.

I went into my wardrobe and took out my dress. I still remember the day I got it with Cassie, this dress was soaked in memories of my father.

I broke down into a pile of sadness on the floor and covered my face with my knees. How am I going to be able to wear this on my wedding day if I can't even bear to look at it now?

"Violet? Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Dan rushed in.

I took a deep breath and wiped the tears off my cheeks with my shirt sleeve and looked up at Dan,"Y-yeah. I'm fine."

"What happened?" Dan asked, pulling me in for a hug.

"This dress, it brings back too many memories. Memories of, my father." I broke out into tears again and they stained Dan's shirt.

The fiery pain in my heart stung like a bee sting and wouldn't go away no matter what I did. My father was a horrible person and I would never be able to forget the moment between life or death when he stuck that gun straight at my face.

"Shh, Violet it's okay. You're okay." Dan comforted me.

"No, I'm not. I'm never going to be okay." I said in between sobs.

"Look at me, you are a fighter, you are my bestfriend. You can get through this." Dan smiled.

"I can't." I wiped at the tears that engulfed my vision and made every light blurry.

"If that dress brings back too many memories, you can't wear it. I'm not letting you. I'm going to take you out for a new dress and it'll be a happy memory for you so when you wear it, you'll think of me." Dan said, brushing the tears off my face.

"I can't let you buy me a dress, Dan." I said.

"And I can't let you be sad on your wedding day." I told her.

"Okay." I gave in.

Dan took my hand and we told Phil we were leaving and headed into Dan's car.

"Dan, I really apprechiate you doing this, you don't have to." I say.

"I want you to be happy." Dan said.

"I'll pay you back for this." I grinned.

"You don't have to." he replied.