Chapter 15-Surprises With A Smile

Chapter 15- Surprises With A Smile

Violet's POV-

I woke up and found myself laying on Dan's chest. I quickly shot up and looked around making sure Phil wasn't around.

Sensing my movement, a sleepy Dan sat up.

"Oh hey, Violet." Dan said.

I smiled,"How'd you sleep?"

"Good. I was going to move but you had fallen asleep and I didn't want to wake you." Dan told me.

"Aw. It would've been alright if you had anyway. I wouldn't mind." I smiled, wiping at my raccoon eyes.

I felt like I had purple eyeliner all over my face. I got off the couch and headed to the bathroom to fix my face. I turned on the tap and splashed the icy cold water on my face. I rubbed the eyeliner off of my cheeks and then turned off the water and looked at my pale skin in the mirror.

I didn't really see how anyone could think I was pretty. I look like Edward Cullen, except less sparkly.

I spent about 10 minutes pointing out every imperfection of my face. Like the ugly face demons (pimples) and the scar from falling off my bike as a kid at the top of my forehead. I just don't get why people as stunning as Dan and Phil would like me.

"Hey, you okay in there?" Dan knocked on the door.

"Oh, uh. Yeah, fine." I replied.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"Yes." I said.

He entered and I realized I had been wearing absolutely no makeup and after I began wearing makeup again, I felt naked without it. I also felt very insecure about Dan or Phil seeing me like that.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded,"The makeup wouldn't come off. That's all."

"Alright. Well, I'm off to Tesco's to get some ingredients for pancakes. Phil should be up soon. I'll be right back." he smiled before leaving me in the bathroom alone again.

Did Phil really love me? Probably not..he just doesn't want to hurt me. I mean how can someone like him like someone like me? He's so perfect.

Why can't I be more like Cassie? She's gorgous and her hair is always perfect. I bet she never gets huge zits on her face, or messy morning hair.

God, Violet stop comparing yourself to everyone else. It's unhealthy.

I slapped myself in the face for overthinking and heard someone's cute laughter from the door way.

"I almost mistook you for Dan there." Phil noted my face-palming.

I fake-laughed and bit my lip.

"So why were you in here so long? I was waiting and eventually I got Dan to check in on you." Phil smiled.

"Oh, well, my makeup wouldn't come off." I half-smiled hoping he would believe me.

"Okay, well I wanted to take you somewhere today but before I do I have a question. How high is your pain tolerance?" he asked.

"What the heck are you going to do to me, Phil?" I laughed.

"Nothing. But like, are you scared of needles?" he asked.

"Needles? No." I questioned.

"Okay, come along Pond." he said, referencing to Doctor Who.

I quickly got dressed in my jeans from yesterday and one of Phil's shirts which was a bit big on me but it didn't matter.