Chapter 2- Things Get Awkward

Violet's POV-

Woah. I just came to see my bestfriend and now this happens? What am I supposed to say to that? My friend for so many years has a crush on me, but I don't like him like that.

"Uh. I gotta go make dinner. I'll see you guys around." I said, smiling awkwardly at them and pulling out my iPhone and untangling the headphone wire mess.

I managed to escape the awkward state we were in by once I left the room, sprinting out of the flat like a lightning bolt.

Once my heart slowed back to a normal pace, I began running again towards my not-so-secret hideaway in the tree fortress.

I dove into a nest of trees and noticed the light being drained out of my eyes as I walked deeper into the forest. I pushed branches out of my face and kicked away sticker bushes.

As I nearded my hideout, I looked around to make sure Dan or Phil hadn't followed me. The coast was clear so I zoomed across the open terrain and up the branches of the huge tree to the treehouse.

I crawled to the edge of the house and opened the rust and dirt covered drawers and took out an old pencil and small piece of paper that I had brought here last week.

I turned my iPhone's volume up as I put my headphones in and began to sketch a tiger with wings. You know how tigers rawr? Well basically it's like the Katy Perry song, 'Rawr.' Tigers have become my favorite animal ever since my mum died from breast cancer when I was in grade 8. My mum was a fighter. She was strong and wouldn't let anything knock her down. Or if it did, she would just get right back up. I always admired her strength and knew that I would never be like that, but I wish I could be.

I drew the tiger's eyes and used the tip of my finger to blend and make the middle of the eye a lighter gray than the outside.

It didn't work that well and it smudged a bit so I erased it and started over again. I wasn't the greatest at drawing or blending.

I'm more of a photography/videography girl. My YouTube account remains flat at a scale of 300,000 subscribers and I haven't really ever gained any after I hit the 300k mark but it was fine with me since I was a what you would call 'Dan' when it comes to posting videos. I never had the time since I was always busy with this, that, and the other thing. Which really never were important things but they got me pretty distracted.

When I was little though, all I wanted to do was become an actress, but after noticing what fame can do to you (Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber) I'm not sure anymore. Plus, I don't really think I'm pretty enough to be an actress. I'm pale as Bella Swan from the Twilight series and I rarely wear makeup because it makes my skin breakout. Oh the joys of having skin more sensitive than my pinky toe since I've slammed it in a door a billion times a day.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone or something outside the window. I saw a shadow in the corner of my eye.

I took my headphones out and threw my iPhone in a drawer and crawled underneathe the window sill and carefully and slowly picked my head up so I could be face to face with none other than Phil Lester.

"Phil!" I scolded him and covered my mouth so no forest-dwellers could hear us and find the tree-fort.

"Sorry! I came here to think and be seperated from Dan for some time and saw you in there drawing and didn't want to disrupt or scare you." Phil bit his lip.

"Oh. It's okay, I came here to clear my head as well and was really hoping you weren't Dan when I saw a creeper at the window." I grinned

"I wouldn't say I'm a creeper."

"So you wouldn't consider someone who was staring at someone through the window for lord knows how long a creeper?"

He looked down,"I guess."

"Okay, you can come in you know. We built this place together." I said letting him in and leaning back against the wall.

Phil's POV-

I sat next to Violet and heard a click and a ringing from my pocket but I ignored it and figured it was just my imagination or an odd sounding bird outside.

"So, do you think that Dan is going to come looking for me?" Violet asked

"I don't think so. I left because when you left things got really awkward between Dan and I. The last place I saw Dan was in his room."

"Is he okay?" Violet had a look of concern on her face.

"Honestly, he seems pretty upset about it."

Silence.

"Do you-do you like him?" I asked breaking the barrier of silence between us.

"Only as a friend. That's all I see us being though, friends. I don't like him like that. He's like a brother to me." Violet replied

"Yeah, he'll understand." I reassured her.

"Really?" Violet asked

I nodded,"Yeah. He is your friend. He will understand."

"Okay. I could never tell him that I see nothing more than a friend in him no matter what, though. Even if you're right and he understands. I just cannot stand to break his heart. I'm not like that."

"And he knows that, Violet. He knows you would never hurt him." I said

Then I heard a click like the sound of someone hanging up on a phone. But I ignored it until I realized it had been my own phone and a ringing sounded from my pocket letting me know to hang up because my friend had hung up. It was different though because I hadn't been on the phone with anybody.

I guess Violet heard it too because she scrunched her face and put her head in her hands,"Phil, please don't tell me that Dan was on the other line with you the whole time."

I guess I had butt-dialed him on accident. The worst accident humanly possible right now.

"I would, but then I would be lying."

A/N-

Hello everyone. I managed to finish chapter 2 today since I didn't have a lot of homework like I did yesterday. Hopefully I won't have a lot tomorrow either so I can do Chapter 3 then. I may even do it now and post it tonight. Keep checking for it or add it to your library so you know when I update it. Love you guys. For dates on when I am updating/have updated please check out my instagram. Bye for now xx

Instagram- @watchusfangirlandstuff
& @dilsdads

Kik- phan.isnotonfire