Chapter 3- Drama and Radio 1

Violet's POV-

I mentally slapped Phil, and myself for not asking what that click was at the beginning of our talk. I just cannot believe that Dan heard our conversation. He probably feels horrible and I let it happen.

"I'm sorry." Phil mumbled

"I'm gonna go talk to him. Bye, Phil." I climbed down the treehouse leaving Phil staring down at his phone.

I ran out of the forest as quickly as I had left Dan and Phil's flat. As soon as I reached the front door, I ran inside and towards Dan's room.

I sat outside the door and listened in with my ear pressed against the door. I couldn't hear anything at first, but then I heard stifled cries and something being thrown across the room.

I tapped lightly on the door and swallowed the fear that was stacking up like little boxes at the pit of my stomach.

"Dan." I said nervously.

Why did he have to like me? How does he even like an ugly girl like me? I mean, what are the odds of an ugly girl going out with a perfect man like Dan Howell? Like, really, his fandom is going to be really mad at me and I don't like Dan like that anyway.

Dan unlocked his door and I opened it. Dan had teary and puffy eyes. He had extreme hobbit hair and was in a Totoro shirt and blue pajama pants.

"I'm, so sorry." I started.

I had just friendzoned him and admitted I didn't like him and he was pretty beat up about it and I hate myself for doing that. How could I be so stupid as to even admit it out loud to Phil? I mean the hideout was no longer a secret so Dan could have been there the whole time. What is wrong with me?

I hugged him but he didn't hug back which hurt me. I deserve it though, I mean what feeling is worse than loving someone and then they don't love you back? Especially when you get the friendzone which makes it a 100 times worse.

I did love Dan, but in a brother-sister way.

Eventually he gave me an awkward one-armed hug. You know how awkward those are? Very.

"Dan, I am so, so sorry." I said wiping away a tear that was on the verge of sliding down my pale cheeks.

"It's okay. You don't like me like that and I respect that. It was stupid on my part for admitting that." Dan said with no expression on his face.

"No, it's not okay. I hate myself for that."

"You hate yourself for not loving me?" Dan asked

I looked into his eyes and almost melted. It's almost like the same feeling you get when a teacher asks a question and is going to call on someone and you accidently make eye contact with them and your heart just kind of sinks and you get worried.

Well this kind is way worse than any teacher-student eye lock I ever got when I was in school.

I also didn't know how to respond to that question because frankly, I didn't know the answer. Did I hate myself for not loving him like any normal girl would? Or did I hate myself for how he feels right now..or both.

"I guess I do." I said

He gave me a confused look and I replied,"I mean look at you. You're a mess and it's all my fault. How could I even admit that to Phil? This has to be the worst feeling in the world and I don't want you to feel it. I wish I would just love you so I wouldn't have to feel this pain inside."

Dan's eyes locked with mine and without warning, Dan kissed me.

Why did he have to do that? And even more importantly, why did I have to kiss back? I am hating myself more and more every second.

I pulled away and looked down, hoping no more eye contact would be made,"Dan."

I left the flat and closed the door behind me.

On my way home, I ran into Phil.

"Hey, what happened?" Phil asked

I didn't plan on speaking of our kiss ever again so all I said was,"Nothing."

"Okay, well tomorrow is Sunday. Also known as our Radio 1 Show so if you want to come, you're welcome to." Phil said

I didn't know how this was going to affect Dan but I guess I would just have to kind of avoid awkward eye contact and sort of not even look at him at all.

I agreed and continued to walk home alone.

The sky slowly turned black and the street lamps turned on. I took a short cut threw the woods towards my flat, using my flashlight as a guide.

Just as I was nearing the last turn towards my street, I heard a faint breathing and a crunching of twigs and started to turn around.

I turned off my phone so that whatever was out there couldn't see me. Which was also bad because I couldn't see anything either.

I stood there, not knowing what to do and sighed to myself.

I heard something run away and began walking straight again when as soon as I touched the pavement something knocked me to the ground.

I looked up and laughing in my face was none other than my friend, Cassie.

"Cassie! How did you know it was me?" I asked

"Your phone. And your stupidity. I mean, who else would just stand there like that? Plus, you're the only one that is naive enough to go through these woods at night. And your house is right there, I was waiting for you to get home." Cassie smiled, twirling her neon blue hair.

I slapped her with my iPhone and walked home with Cassie.

Once we got inside, I learned that she was going to be staying here for a week to visit friends and came here first. She got a hotel near my house so I wouldn't have to sacrifice my room or anything.

"Okay, thanks for coming." I hugged her and she opened up the door to leave to her hotel.

I waved and locked my door and headed down the hall to my room.

Today was a busy day, and tomorrow I'm going to have to deal with seeing Dan. I can't stop replaying that kiss in my head over and over again.

Why didn't I stop him? Why didn't I run away as soon as he tried?

I got into a 'Bring Me The Horizon' tee and red fluffy pajama pants and got into bed and pulled the covers over my face.

Goodnight world.

Violet signing off.

A/N-

Hey guys. That was chapter 3. Was it sort of short? I don't know but I had a ton of homework and today wasn't really a good day considering in school, my lock fell on my eye and now I have a huge black and blue bump on it. Oh the joys of looking like you got into a fight or something. I had to have my hair over it all day. Oh well, thanks for reading.

Love you guys. Come back tomorrow for another update.

Happy early Valentines Day.

xx

,Mandy