Let's Head Out

"Alrighty darling, we head out tomorrow." Allahie smiled to her mate. They were having a not so royal dinner in their quarters and their children were wearing more food than they had eaten.

"Your friend...." Alek responded, "When we get back from our little trip to that demi-demi-demi fae's throne....I want her leading my armies. I've summoned her. I want a being who can rein down terror with a single roar."

"Tetra. Her name is Tetra." Allahie smiled, reaching out to wipe a smudge of potatoes off her cubby son's face, Lucrein--who they called Loo for short. In truth she was very happy about Tetra. She hadn't gotten proper goodbyes in.

"Darling, these fellow kings though."

"What about them?"

"Had Rath been leading here still he'd say we need to have offspring with them once we officially ally. To unite the kingdoms more."

Allahie gave a light laugh that held warning, "Hon, your are knocked up the way it is. You will never be hit up with anyone else's children. Do you hear me? What happened, happened, because of the way things were before. We rule now. You are my mate. No one can touch you."

He smiled, "I am inclined to behave around that like you but, I am a male fae. I am expendable. Need I to bare offspring of other's...was pretty much my whole duty. One day it could save us Ally."

She glared at him understanding what he was saying. "I don't like it. And I don't want to be challenged about it. I will not change my mind. Future mixed heirs or not, your not carrying it. Must we mingle, we will find someone."

He shrugged and scooped up their daughter. Her red curls bounced, and she giggled with joy as he pulled her in tightly for a hug. Allahie just rolled her eyes as she finished cleaning off Loo's face.

Lackrin was out with his father again. Being a baby or not Lackrin pretty much went everywhere with Kennith. Tonight it was a orchestra playing soft, fine-toned music.

"Will we be gone long?" Alek asked, his smile grew as their daughter sat beside him on the bed. She was patting his stomach and snuggling against it.

"Possibly darling. For that matter Kennith and Lackrin are joining us. My mother is coming down to rule this kingdom. I know it looks semi bad with us leaving but we must...we have to gain strong alliances. Even if they are with humans and demi-fae."

"I've done more profile stalking," Alek barked in laughter. His outbreak sent their wee daughter tumbling back in surprise. He scooped her up and set her on his rounded stomach. She just looked at the swell and then to him.

He ruffled Issy's hair, "I know baby....your sibling is rowdy...."

Allahie's eyes went wide and she at once was beside her mate. She set their son between them. "Alek, our babe? It's kicking already."

He shook his head, "Darling. Baby is the one inside me." He grunted with Lucrein crawled onto him.

"Loo-Loo, careful..." Alek coughed in surprise when his tummy shifted and Isabella tumbled off. He caught her instantly and set her between them. "Ally, Lousen has been summoned right? I think it's time we find out exactly what's cooking."

At that very second there was a knock on the door and Lousen entered with a grin. "My lord, my lady. How's the night?"

Alek nodded in greeting, "Good, good, c'mon over."

The medic washed his hands and was kneeling beside their bed a moment later. "Having one baby Alek...it's going to be a whopper. Probably more painful than Lucrein...just as a heads up."

Alek shrugged, and pulled up his shirt. "Please tell us its going to be a little girl."

As if the baby was anticipating being seen, it made Alek's stomach squirm. While the baby was not fully kicking it was quite the sight.

Lousen winced, "Alek, another fair warning, if the wings are this big now....You may want to consider having the baby backwards so we can angle those wings to help you get it out easier."

Allahie sighed, "Lous, shut up, you're scaring him."

"I'm doing my duty as a medic, and warning you." Lousen's hands lit up with green and he laid them on Alek's rounded stomach. While her mate was not terribly fat...he had just such a cute little belly.

While Lousen worked Alek put his hands behind his head as a pillow, and Allahie held both of their children.

She kissed the top of their heads. They seemed very intrigued by Alek's belly. While they could not voice anything much other than blah's and mommy or daddy they liked being read and spoken too.

"Your mommy is going have a little baby," Allahie cooed to them. "See his belly?" She reached out to pat the side of it.

"Daddy..." Alek interject, "I'm your daddy." Both their golden eyes met his, but then followed his hand back to his stomach. "But you two are going to have a sibling...Lous you know what it is?"

The medic nodded, "You predicted right."

Alek gave a happy cry, "Sister. You two will have a sister. She's still cooking...." He cooed leaning to kiss first Loo's brow, then Issy's, then up to kiss Allahie on the lips.

"Alek, I'm off. Your babe is incredibly healthy. She's very big for her age but she will be strong and healthy and happy."

Lousen left with a slight bow. Alek leaned back and tipped his head to stare at Allahie. "I want Sareena. Let's name our little pumpkin Sareena."

"Seesee!" Isabella chirped.

Allahie smiled and let them free to crawl around on the bed. "Alrighty darling." She nestled into closer to him and watched their children play with the pillows and stuffed blocks until at last Alek grabbed a book and scooped them up to read to them.

"Book, then bed, then we leave."