A Plea

Allahie sat up straight one leg cross over the other. Rathgar stared at her with his blue eyes. "Your name?"

"Allahie, my lord." He smiled at her. Sitting alone with him he didn't seem as cruel as Aleksandar and Kennith made him to be.

"Your age?"

"100ish..."

"Birthplace?"

"Don't know, I was orphaned. My home village was Rocksferd. I ideally, when I found out my mate was pregnant, I wanted to stay there." She was testing him on purpose to see how he'd respond. If he'd clarify anything her mate told her.

"I'm afraid that wouldn't have happened my dear. His children are important. They will be diplomats and high ranking generals."

Allahie nodded but couldn't manage to keep the tears from her eyes.

"What is the matter."

"I was explained to how this is going to work. As a single child with no parents, I'd want to do the best for mine. Not them to be fashioned off working right away."

To her surprise he held out a handkerchief, "Dear child do not cry. I will allow you to see them often."

"How many will you make him have!?" She couldn't keep the shriek from her voice, "He's my mate! He shouldn't have to carry the burden of reproducing! I don't even want a baby of my own now!"

The king was silent, "When you put it that way...." He actually fumbled for his words. "We will play this by ear. If all goes well with LightHaven, he may only have them when he cycles naturally. I've been learning the more parent structure in a child's life the better they turn out."

Allahie pursed her lips and sniffled, "my apologizes for this break down."

"It is all right my child. May I ask your magical abilities?" He reached for a glass of wine and eased back in his chair.

"Ice."

He smiled and nodded, "Wonderful. Hellfire."

"My lord what of your abilities....." She died of realizing it was rude for he did frown at her. With a shrug he loosened his shoulders and responded.

"Ice as well, though very few people know it."

"Have you ever had a mate?" Allahie pressured and then tears streamed down her face again.

"Long...long ago. Our bond was slaughtered, it was worse than dying. Worse than her dying."

"But she lives?"

"Yes. Our bond is still raw and shredded to this day. Looking at her would be like sticking a cactus in my eyes and shoving it down to my heart."

"I'm so sorry my lord."

"I won't....I realize it now, Allahie. I can't make Aleksandar mate with my other lords. That is so cruel to you. Besides I strictly want Hellfire babies. So I will sacrifice waiting longer periods of time for them to be born naturally."

"T-thank you."

"It is my pleasure, my dear," He smiled at her and she realized they must have had similar lineages. Instead of just one set of fang teeth top and bottom, they had a second smaller set behind the first ones.

"M-may I ask why or what happened to your mate?"

"LightHaven, she was mad at me over the 'loss' of our child. She didn't mean to take it that far. My mate destroyed my life, and now I will jump at the chance to ruin her back no matter how much I still love her. She destroyed our mating bond...." His hand shattered the glass and the room was terribly cold.

"I'm so sorry my lord....with this war. Will I be allowed to go fight with my mate?"

"Yes, with proper training. You will stay here for a month of it then I will send you over on a war hawk. I know how important you are to each other. So tomorrow your training starts."

Allahie nodded, "I do not to mean to brag or even hope to get out of it faster but I was the war leader of my village. As the only pure-bred fae I had the strongest, controlled, magic. I also was very good with a bow and daggers."

Rathgar smiled, "Should you prove excellent I shall let you go early...for you shall not be fighting on the front lines but rather guarding your mate."

Allahie nodded and Rathgar continued, "Before the both of you set out,  since I'm sending Kennith in two days time, I will make sure your townhouse is completed and you spend at least one night in it."

"My lord thank you so much." After that they chatted quite a bit more. Mostly about the babes her mate was carrying and what to expect--especially the upcoming protective-ness she would feel, and  how Alek was going to get in a sense very sexual.