To Fight

Aleksandar tipped his head from side to side and it gave a crack. He rolled his wrists and shrugged his shoulders. When he finished adjusting his body he eased into ready stance and his magic wrapped protective armor around him.

Allahie didn't want to fight him on any level. Not when he was pregnant with triplets and struggling with life the way it was. But he looked happy and at ease with the challenged, so she readied her sore body--using her magic to enhance her performance.

"Ready?"

"Ready." She confirmed, and a moment later he barrled into her throwing his blade straight at her chest. She just had time to sweep aside and parry it. A moment later he swung a round house at her head and then a reverse punch. She nimbly rolled out of the way and popped up behind him.

His magic slammed into her as she went to strike his exposed side and back as he swung round to face her. His teeth were bared and his golden eyes gleamed. She had yet to attack and her heart was already racing.

A wave a darkness rushed to her and she just had enough time to raise up a wall of her own to shove it aside. In another moment,  he barreled through and slammed into her. Despite his pregnancy his shoulders and body was still powerfully lined with muscles--Allahie flew to the ground.

She struggled to roll out of the way as he swung out at her again and again. When she tried to spring to her feet a forceful kick sent her slamming to her back. She roared in anger and set her ice flying at him. It froze his sword and he yelped as his hand wrapped in black magic--the weapon falling to the ground. Another blast sent him crashing to the floor on his own back.

Allahie left her sword and pounced on him, but it was just want he wanted. His body was trained for ground fighting and although slower a simple movement of his brute strength could have her pinned easily. She scrambled and twisted in his grip as he struggled to get a winning hold.

She kicked him in the chest--careful not to hurt or go near his belly--and then scrambled to her feet to grasp her sword again. Ground work was just suicidal with a trained male as large as him.  He laughed as he grabbed his own sword and his silver hair fell out of place. By now he had a thin line of sweat dousing his forehead and his shirt was beginning to cling to him.

A crowed had gathered to watch and she was avidly aware of how most stared at his little belly. She wanted to snarl and chase them off but she had to keep fighting. As if he read her thoughts, he smiled, and then began another sweep of powerful prods and thrusts to break her struggling defenses.

Their swords met in the middle, and he forced all his strength into it. She noted how he didn't use his magic to completely end her, as he knew she all of hers right now was not falling under his blow. As she gained a little leeway, she took a step, slid her sword from his, and swung at his knees. He hopped over them and did a flip. When he landed he swung his leg out to trip her and was rather successful.

On her back again she rolled from his attack and managed to spring to her feet, only to have his blade meet her throat. It didn't cut her but it sure knocked the wind from her. "I believe you are dead with your head gone and blood running red."  Aleksandar smiled at her and pushed his hair back. She noted how he rubbed his stomach with his free hand as if telling the babe's what a good job he had done.

Allahie shrugged, "You could have won when you met my sword in the middle."

"I also could have the first time you fell, and when we tangled in ground work. Allahie you need lots of practice still."

"You have over 200 years on me."

"Perhaps," he stated, and then gazed at the crowd, "What? Did I call break?" He snapped, "Get your asses back to work!" The grouping scattered at once.

Allahie watched as her mate went to drink some water and shove his hair back into a messy bun. Despite how masculine his body--definitely below the belt too--he honestly had some very slight female characteristics. His hair--though most males had longer hair--the way he'd stand not as bold or powerfully, and generally his now softer aurora. Still when he'd sit he always have to have his legs the widest and take up the most space. Allahie rolled her eyes at that thought. Whenever Kennith or another lord were present she was sure he would snap his hips before he'd lost to that strange dominating competition.

After he approached her he blinked at her, "I have an appointment today...." he trailed off, "Because I don't typically follow most pregnancies....I may be able to learn the genders of them. Though I'm quiet positive we have two boys and a little girl."

Allahie linked her elbow into his, "Then what are we waiting for, darling."

******

Shortly before they arrived at the clinic a royal messenger came and they were instantly dragged to the king's clutches. He was pacing back and forth, with a frown of anger and glared at them.

"Get your stuff Alek, you leave in hour for the war front. I'm having a memeber of the royal flock fly in to pick you up."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Kennith is gravely wounded, you are to fill his place. Allahie you are to go with Aleksandar. I won't separate you two unless you wish to remain here."

"My lord I have an appointment...."

"Then fucking see to it and leave!" Rathgar pointed at the door and they quickly rushed out.

Aleksandar swallowed heavily in the hallway, and she could see his eyes become red rimmed. He didn't want to leave. "C'mon," he urged clearing his throat and his words coming out in a thick growl. "We see our babes, then we leave. Packing won't be anything, and our war gear will be created for us in the camp."

Allahie took his hand and gave it a squeeze, "I'm right here for you my darling."

She could sense he was tempted to yank it away, "I'm aware of that. Now...let's see what the little fellas are and do as Rathgar says."

Authors Note!

Sorry guys for the late update I had so many things pop up! After the next chapter and even now I'm open for suggestions! :) Thanks again for reading and liking!