Werebear

Her mate was under attack from a werebear. Alek. He was under attack.

Allahie looked to her mother in panic, "My mate!"

"What is the matter?"

"Werebear!" Analexa's eyes widened.

"I shall take you child."

"What--!?" Upon her mother grabbing her arm and a strong jolt running through her body, causing her vision to go white it became apparent how her mother could escape the clutches of anyone.

Her mother was the lady of light. She could harness daylight and use it to take her anywhere the sun touched. She was in her home village in a matter of seconds--alone for now.

Allahie sputtered as she ran to the old barracks. "Help! Help! Werebear!" Brutal, ancient creatures. Werewolves stood no chance compared to them. A werebear was not affected by the changing moon patters. It was not affected by anything. And while werewolves often had some sort of intelligence during a specific lunar period, werebears were savage and feral. "Who last saw my mate!"

A young soldier came to her, "Why the panic. He went for a jog."

"Did it occur to you to stop him!"

"The lord of death ? N-no," He sputtered, "Besides he had this massive dog beside him...."

"Idiots!" Allahie screamed no longer caring about getting help. No demi-fae could assist anyway. So she sprinted out of the village, struggling to catch his masked scent. He was hunting, his intentions were never to jog.

Allahieeeee! He screeched down the bond, and her heart increased in pace.

You fool! She shot back. Where are you!

Thickets! Hurry! Help! Hawlor!

So Allahie unleased a deep welt of her magic to increase her sprinting. It damaged her body and hurt her muscles but she had three times the speed and agility. She tore through the thickets with half a thought. She charged over fallen logs and ducked under branches. Her magic iced everything behind her.

Suddenly she tripped and went tumbling down a slippery slope that appeared without warning. Deep imprints and marks were left. Alek had fallen.

Her mate's golden, panicked eyes were all she saw. Hawlor was whining close by blood covering his white coat, and then there was a terrible roar.

A werebear was the most foul creature and was hunted to near extinction for a reason. They pried and enjoyed on pain and suffering. Their favorite meals were...babies. Why had this werebear not unleashed itself on Alek already? Why was his stomach not ripped open?

The bear roared again, stumbling backwards. It's brown fur was plastered with mud. Unlike a werewolf a werebear only had one form. Enhanced longer back legs and arms with thick heavy coating. The paws were more adapted like hands but still horribly dangerous. The face was a mix. Flatter snout, wide eyes, large, pointed ears, and vicious teeth. The overall bear shape was there but it was mixed with human characterizes. It was like Hawlor's blended form.

Allahie summoned an ice shield at once, accompanied by a ice sword, as she shot herself across the rocky and muddy clearing to her mate.

"Alek! Alek! I'm here! I'm here!" Allahie cried, nearly losing all focus on the damn werebear as she broke out sobbing. She had left her mate! How could she have done that to him! Even if it was not for long! She had done the very thing Analexa had done causing Rathgar to hate her.

"Allahie get out of here!" Alek screeched--his lower right leg was snapped, probably from the impact of the fall. No magic was rushing to heal it. His magic was fried--had been, because of the babies.

"Alek! Oh my Alek are you okay!?" Allahie cried completely forgetting about the bear. She cupped her mates face in her hands and kissed him. A moment later she shifted her hands from his face and to his stomach. "And you, my little babies, your mother got himself into some trouble!" She kissed his stomach, rejoiced in feeling their kicks.

"Allahie get out of here!" Aleksandar screeched shoving her, "Run!"

She whirled to face the bear. But it had not moved. It merely stood still watching her, its breath in heavy pants. There was something horrible off about this whole scene. The mere fact Hawlor was not dead yet, nor het mate ripped to shreds. Those friendly green eyes studied her.

"T-T-Tetra?" Allahie sputtered, and the werebear shuffled backwards with a low roar. Allahie had hinted insanity only to determine it was true. Everything they knew about werebears was wrong. It explained how her friend, a demi-fae, hadn't experienced aging yet. How she was so strong--holding record for the highest draw weight on a bow.

"What's going on?" Aleksandar coughed, shifting himself, but damaging his leg further. His swollen stomach had to make seeing things awkward.

"The werebear. It's not going to kill us."

"Your friend is half mad! Kill her now!" Hawlor whined, as his wounds had forced him to retreat from wolf from to human form. "I knew I sensed something off about her!"

"Why did you chase her?" Alek groaned as Allahie knelt beside him again and put her hands on his stomach.

"Oh my Alek, I'm so sorry," Allahie whined burying her face against his neck. The werebear was not threat. Even if it was she didn't care. She had left her mate.

The werebear--no Tetra--stumbled over to Hawlor and patted his haggy head. Her hooked claws scraped his face and she instantly jerked back, especially when he began to growl more.

"Tetra is that really you??"

There was a low growl in response and a nodding of the head.

"What in god's creation," Aleksandar sputtered. But his voice was so light. His head hit the stones a few seconds later as he passed out.

"Help...." Allahie whined, shaking his shoulders. Her mate just groaned softly, as she wrapped her magic around his leg and then his stomach. He must have been exhausted the triplets were just non-stop testing their magic.

Suddenly the werebear moved closer. It's massive form squatted beside Allahie and it growled before carefully grabbing her mate. By now his bones fragments were stitching back together and his leg was looking more normal.

Hawlor struggled to his feet, "This is fucking rediculas."

Allahie belted him across the face so hard he flew to the ground, "How dare you get him into such trouble!?" The small male wimpered.

"I am so sorry...but I was trying to repair what you broke," his voice was a rough snarl, and then he picked himself up and stormed past.

Allahie just remained on the ground for a long time. Then her mother appeared.

"Your stupid father has no clue I escaped again. I have a little bit before the next guard rotation. Do you want...do you....is he okay?" Analexa questioned.

"I...I don't know." Allahie mumbled, "I've hurt him. And Hawlor."

"Rath is going to be expecting your return soon....I'd imagine...try to smooth things over."

"I can't. My mate is due soon....because something is wrong. And...and now I've hurt him."

"Just go be with him Allahie. It's all you can do for now. Don't run away."

Before Allahie could respond her mother was gone.