Their Throne and Heirs

Rathgar smiled down from his dais. A new throne was being built, but until then Analexa normally sat upon his lap, or he stood behind her, or sat on an arm chair--for now she wasn't present as she was watching their children. The rules had changed she was queen and everyone was to listen. She also was given access to his armies, and they were repairing.

"Allahie," Rath murmured with a friendly smile lighting up his normally cold blue eyes. "I hope I didn't interrupt but I want your full attention at what is going to be happening."

"Yes father?" Allahie questioned softly dipping her head in respect.

"Ana and I are going to wage war on Dunniver. He is going to fall, fast, very fast. Upon him crumbling this kingdom is yours. It's only right for the actual Lord of Death to rule here." He tipped his head to Aleksandar. Her mate was hardly breathing and not just from the pain but from realizing the words were to come true--this was going to be their kingdom very quickly.

"I will constantly help you with troops and support," her father continued. "But for the most part this is your kingdom and you run it how you please. Note that as a new queen, especially a female, new allies will want to be made, and I will want you to engage them. For instance I know of two current kings in positions with a lot to offer us fae. We have Lord Kaliment a demi-fae, and Lord Lincoln, another demi-fae--almost purebred. 
                They are new kings themselves, looking for making amendments and friends in this world. Their thrones are pure now that they have liberated the shitty rulers, hence I want you taking a check at them right away. Both are mated and have children. They know what it's like to have everything on the line and are sounding rather friendly."

"I will see what I can do father," Allahie whispered. Ruling terrified her.

"But my darling," Rath sighed heavily. "I know you don't want it brought up, but heading into all this I'd like to draw to the attention of you having another heir. A winged fae is typically the best warrior possible, and your little daughter, I'd fear for her."

"I've discussed it with my mate," Alek budded in. "Her pregnant as the kingdom switches ruling is not happening. I will have our baby. I just need a little more time to recover."

"But darling who will protect you?" Allahie whined, "And you deal with so much pain, and you just ended your pregnancy."

"I know darling," Alek smiled sympathetically. "But it's what's best. I was designed for this and if I had a male mate, I'd already be nearing time to have another set."

"I can make arrangements if you'd like to see a medic?" Rath offered. "I have the best who became even better with Ana's knowledge. I have you to know, I'll provide full support it if you want to have just one baby. Focus solely on providing a powerful heir. I can make arrangements for that too."

Alek swallowed heavily, "Then if you wish it done my lord, it is done."

"Father," Allahie instantly interjected placing herself in front of her mate. "Can't you see he's still hurting? Give him a few weeks if not a month or so. Let him enjoy life. Let him enjoy freedom in his body again."

Rath dipped his head, "Of course, but I still want a throughout check up. If Alek can't produce a heir, I won't force you to either, but a surrogate will need to be found."

"A heir is my requriment?"

"Yes," he responded softly. "It shows confidence in one's kingdom that the rulers are confident enough to provide a baby. It shows success, and is a fall back if you die. That way the kingdom won't fall into the wrong hands. Yes Isabella and Lucrien and Lackrin are all heirs but they are going to have better fitting duties."

"Alright father. I will find a heir. By the time war is finished being waged, I will have...have a solution."

Alek took her hand comfortingly, "She means I will be having the heir, my lord."

Rath smiled again, "I shall see you both for a dinner, and then after for a war counsel meeting. Time to take down the man who bed my mate."

**********

Her mate lay on the examine table with his shirt off. Allahie could detect faint blood which he admitted, with flushed cheeks, was him.

Lousen had just came in and finished washing his hands, "My, my Alek, you alright?"

"Routine check up. How much longer till I am healed?"

"I'm hoping by next week you stop leaking," Lousen twitched his nose. "You are mostly healed as of right now."

"I'm here," Alek finally sighed fixing his golden eyes on the small doctor, "because I need you to prescribe me with a medication that will have me cycling at the end of the month. I need a heir."

"You know this forced cycling causing you not to get pregnant through the mingle of magic during intercourse right?"

Alek raised a brow, "Huh? What?"

"When you met your mate. The baby became hers after the first time you mated, and if you'd been cycling you'd have become pregnant, due to the mingling of your magic during intercourse?"

"Yeah, I know, what's the issue."

"Forced cycling is different. Your going to need physical contact or artificial....ya know insemination."

If Alek had taken a drink of anything it would have sprayed all over the walls, "What!?" He barked in outrage.

Lousen gave a soft smile, "Now hold on a second. If Allahie gives me a blood sample, I can make the opposite materials for you and she can use it to get you pregnant."  

Alek quirked a brow and looked to Allahie. She shrugged, "I've given up on all logic these days. Make some frosting if you need to."

Lousen choked at her wording but nodded. "I'll take a small blood sample. When you return next week I will have your herbs to for you to take Alek, and a vial with your future children. I want you to know, if your not better your going to have to wait."

Alek nodded poking at his flabby stomach, "I'm never to get my abs back am I?"

"Not yet darling," Allahie murmured taking his hand. She pulled him to his feet and he put on a shirt.

"Thanks Lousen," Alek murmured. "C'mon Allahie I wanna go train."