Work

Aleksandar's golden eyes still wouldn't meet hers the next day. She couldn't get him into the field, not when he was so violently ill.

She tried again, "Aleksandar, what is wrong with you?"

"I felt the mating bond a while ago," He moaned as he laid on the cool floor--so he did know they were mates! "I came to find you once I felt the change. The change has been completed since you shot me with your magic arrow."

"The change?" He didn't respond, just clutched his stomach as sweat ran down his forehead.

"Why did you attack my village if you knew I was your mate."

"I am a monster," He growled, shifting up on an elbow to glare at her. His eyes blazed and the darkness drew around him to a point Allahie stifled up her own magic shield. "And I thought they had you captured...." his voice was so soft as he let his head fall again.

"You know very well why you are sick?"

He nodded and it looked like he was about to cry. "For your safety, please...please reject me." His massive head fell in defeat and a tear rolled down his cheek.

Allahie smiled softly at him and without knowing it she slipped through the bars of the cell. In another moment she slid down beside him and rubbed his shoulder. The touch sent sparks up her arm and obviously he felt the same way as his eyes widened.

"I don't want to be alone forever,"Allahie murmured smoothing his silver hair, "Now rise, I sense no illness within you." He was still, despite all her attempts and her villages anti-shields, still warding himself from her.

He bared his teeth at her and held his stomach. "I am not ill. This is a curse. Now get away from me. I don't expect you to be a part of this."

Despite her heart breaking at his harsh words she grabbed a fistful of his hair and twisting ice magic up her arm for strength, she heaved him to his feet and shoved him to a wall. His powerful muscles were strong and hard as she dug her other hand into his shoulder. "Mate or not your a prisioner of war, and because I can't kill you, earn your damn keep."

He buckled against her and got sick all over again. When he straightened up there were tears in his eyes. Allahie's heart twisted at the sight of her mate so pained but with a snap of her fingers she cleaned up the mess and pointed to the cell that unlocked at her command.

Guards came and four of them escorted him to a field. The female fae watched her mate go, her magic struggling to keep a permanent shield and ward against his powerful dark magic.

Allahie's delicately pointed ears picked up a shuffle and she turned to find her best friend, the demi-fae Tetra, whose powers were shadow-stalking, melt off the wall. She must have snuck in once the doors to the cell were opened for Aleksandar.

"He's got a very funny smell," Tetra stated, "It's been changing since he got here, and has changed drastically since you shot him with that magical arrow."

Allahie raised a brow, "I can't detect anything wrong with him."

Tetra snorted, "Perhaps he's pregnant, you see the way he wards his stomach? The way he vomits and gets sick during the morning? His lethargic-ness?"

The purebred fae snorted, "In case you didn't notice he has a dick and his testosterone levels flare at even the slightest mention of challenge. If that didn't convince you he's a guy take a look at his body, we could do laundry on it."

Tetra nudged her and sneered, "He is truly sinful to look at, I'd say you struck gold with him. I'll talk to the elders to figure out how to drop those shields he keeps on himself, because if he can resist all our current wards he's very damn powerful and a walking time bomb. If he can resist our best he can destroy our entire village--alone--in seconds."

"Tetra," Allahie murmured, "Something is wrong with him, its why he's resisting the mating bond..."

"He's what!?" Tetra spit shaking her best friends shoulders, "Then he's plain stupid. Ally you are a lovely fae!"

"He's resisting it because he's sick. He called it the change but he won't elaborate anything on it to me. Said I completed it when I shot him with my magic arrow, and it was the reason he came to this village in the first place."

Tetra, the second in line of command, pursed her lips. "Hopefully the elders will know something about this. He may be spiraling his magic in, hence his wards."

"If he was doing that....that would mean he's going to kill himself?"

"And as powerful as he is," Tetra added, "take out half of this valley, if not more."

"I'm going to go watch him..." Allahie stated confidently, and Tetra smirked.

"Despite the fact you two haven't completed the mating bond," Tetra laughed nudging her friend playfully,  "he still will bow to you. Females are always dominate."

"Then I'm going to figure out what the hell this change is, and where the fuck he came from," Allahie growled, feeling a tug on the mating bond as she realized Aleksandar was being sick again.