Possibilities

"No Allahie," Aleksandar whimpered when the female fae went to leave her mate to talk to Tetra. "Please, I promised I'd tell you!"

Tetra raised an eyebrow, "Elyssi presumes he is...."

"Shut up!" Aleksandar barked and a second later the small demi-fae was pinned to the wall with a dark plum of smoke. 

Allahie spun around and pummeled him with her magic and her fist to his face. He slammed into the wall himself his bold body smashing a few bricks out from the wall. A second later Tertra fell to the ground and Aleksandar to his knees.

His golden eyes glistened and he bowed his head in shame. No matter how much more powerful he was than her, a true mate would never harm the smaller one. That act warmed Allahie's heart and she grabbed his jaw and lifted his head, "It's okay Aleksandar."

"I'm sorry, demi-fae," he hissed, refusing to meet Allahie's gaze.

Tetra's brown gaze bore into Aleksandar's, "Ah, mood swings, very common."

"Shut up!" He snarled, but Allahie's ice magic pinned him to the ground. His golden eyes met the ice fae's submissively.

"You can go Tetra, I'll let him tell me, which he will be doing the moment you leave." The second bowed her head and strolled confidently out.

Allahie rounded snarled at the powerful male at her feet, the male she had almost killed and the male that was her mate. "You better tell me right know what is going on."

"I wanted to complete the mating bond first...." he whimpered, "But now I don't...I don't want you to think your inclined to this."

"Inclined to what?"

"I can't talk here, can you and I talk a walk please?"

Allahie nodded after a long moment and took his large battle-scarred, calloused hand. She opened the gates with a blink of her eye and lead him down the prison house damp cobblestone hallway. She dipped her head dismissing the guards for now--for they all knew them to be mates since word spread fast.

******

It was a soft, mellow, green clearing near a river when they stopped. Aleksandar's long silver-white hair was drapsed down his powerful back. Here is magic was completely unhinged and the power of it made Allahie's veins rumble--she wanted to be closer.

"Talk Aleksandar."

"But it's so hard, so, so hard to tell you my darling," he whimpered. "I wanted you to know me, to love me, and for this to happen much later down the line. I don't want to throw this at you, and I don't want to take the mating bond because I don't want to force you into this."

"Aleksandar, what is it?" He turned to face her, his golden eyes glowing with misery as they bore into her green ones.

"The change, you recall how I said it happened more than once??"

"Yes." Allahie stepped closer so that their breath mingled as she gazed up at him as he gazed down at her.

"This one was successful for a reason I don't understand. You completed it further."

"What is the change."

"Allahie, my darling I can't tell you..." Aleksandar sputtered rubbing his stomach. It was still warded from her. "You are so young still, as with I. I wanted you to know me so you didn't think I was a monster."

"You tried rejecting me, I won't let it happen," Allahie growled lovingly, "I don't care who you are or what you've done. Let me decide on my own what you are."

Aleksandar's breathing increased and he took her hands. She sensed his ward dropping, and a moment later he placed them carefully on his solid and rippling abdomen.

"Alek..."

"Shhh," he hissed stepping in closer to rest his head on her shoulder, "Just listen, just feel."

There was nothing at first and she strained her ears to listen past his own powerful heartbeat. Moments passed and finally she picked up on another noise, another heartbeat. It was so small and delicate compared to their's, so infant like.

Aleksandar was pregnant.

Allahie's breath caught as her magic twined with Aleksandar's. She could sense the baby, and her magic welcomed it, and danced with it. Her ice swirled over the tiny little form and said hello. Without even a thought her ice caress the baby with a loving fashion swearing to protect it.  The arrow. The arrow made the baby her's.

"Please, don't feel obliged to care for it. I promise you, you can walk free." Aleksandar murmured and warm tears pattered onto her shoulder.

"How could you keep this from me?"

"I showed up to kill your town on demand, because it was the only thing keeping me away from Kennith because he wanted to make the baby his." There was an abrupt pause, "I couldn't just pop in and demand you to mate with me! Be like oh Allahie I'm pregnant with our offspring come and love me! Come and love this disgusting monster!" He burst into tears, his massive frame shaking with sobs.

Allahie couldn't keep back the urge to bite him, and a moment later sunk her teeth into his neck. To her surprise he moaned and bit her back. "It's okay, Aleksandar, I'll love you, love you and our baby." The sense to mate and then protect him had reached a stage she couldn't fight off. He was pregnant! Pregnant with her baby!

Despite this all crashing on her terribly soon she didn't mind. She loved him, for that was the power of the mating bond. He was her complete and utter everything and nothing could ever compare. So he proposed he was pregnant. It was just a baby! It was his very creation and would be hers too. 

Her magic swirled around him in a tightening sense and his counteracted her's the same way. His breathing was ragged and he pressed her into a tree a moment later. "May I take you?" he groaned.

Allahie connected their mouths for the first time and he took them to the ground, and fire raged inside her and her legs felt weak. He was going to be the end of her, he was going to make her explode as he kissed and teased her and dragged off her cloths.

*****

To say the trees shattered when he finally came was an understatement. They did that when he roared, but when his magic lashed out with hers the clearing was ruined. It could have ended a war and the greatest armies.

He lay panting beside her, his golden eyes blazing with pleasure and silver hair tangled. He leaned on top of her again and kissed her forehead and her cheeks. "I will never love anyone from this day foreword, I claim you Allahie."

She smiled at him and bit his ear gently. She loved him, loved her pregnant mate beyond words.