Help

Men left to guard the generals' and medics' tents came pouring in upon her screaming. By now he was sprawled in a pool of his blood, his skin even paler than normal, and shivering. What the hell had happened.

"Look for a light dart," Hawlor demanded sniffing the air. Despite his tiny size he rolled Aleksandar to his stomach.

In his backside there was a spark hidden near his hip. The only reason they found it was because of his magic swirling around it. By now the generals and medics had organized themselves and were waiting to help, but Allahie was too protective of her pregnant mate to let them get near.

She had her teeth bared as her ice magic aided him in healing. "Please milady," a medic begged, "We must examen him for further injuries. That light dart could have been poisoned with all sorts of things."

Allahie would have none of that thought. Not her mate. He was wounded, he needed to be left alone. She cupped his sweaty, chilly face in her hands, "Alek wake up!"

Hawlor grabbed her shoulders but she slammed him against the wall with her magic, "Alek, please!"

There had to be some sign he was okay! The medics tentatively stepped foreward but she raised a wall of ice. How dare they approach her weakened mate!

"Allahie enough!" Hawlor snapped, his tiny body landing lightly as she released him. With  half a thought she could kill him by slamming him into the wall again. "Your mate will be fine! Everyone out for the love of god!"

The medics and generals left the tent in an orderly fashion. "Allahie, just take a deep breath. Help me get Alek to the bed and we can patch his side."

Her magic had already stitched her mates wound closed and shoved the light dart out. She ignored Hawlor and put her head on Alek's chest, curling up against him. Her mind could not and would not work until she knew her pregnant mate was okay.

The werewolf sighed, grabbed a bag from the belt off his tiny waist, opened it, grabbed a tiny amount, and poofed it at her. Allahie passed out seconds later still clinging to Aleksandar, but no longer panicked. She was panicked before and she was only going to do damage to him, to everyone. 

*******

Allahie awoke to kisses being pressed against her face repeatedly. She blinked her eyes open to see golden ones. She sat up abrupt, "Alek you are okay!"

He grinned at her, but reached his hand back to rub on his back near his hip. A moment later he turned to Hawlor, "Don't do that to her again. You know how ice handles that, slowly, hibernation."

She pulled his shoulders and smothered him into a hug, before kissing his cheek. "How are you okay!?"

"You panicked darling," he murmured, sitting up and pulling free. "It was just a little light dart."

"What about her!? Analexa!?" The roaring sneer came back exposing all her mates teeth.

"Aye, my Jarls handled it just fine," he rubbed his back again and stood up. "I must head out and see the damage soon. I've been out an hour, that can't happen again, especially in battle."

"You were lucky you teleported before the affects hit," Hawlor growled, "Be more careful, damn you."

Her mate knelt back on the bed, "Do not worry about me, I will be fine."

"Alek!" Allahie snapped and before she knew it, she had him pinned beneath her, "Are you half mad! You were just attacked and hurt!"

He blinked and she was thrown off him. His magic cushioned her fall and he got to his feet, "Do not challenge me I will be back in a few moments." Without further due he was gone, and she screeched in fury.

"I know you are mad, just take it easy. He is the leader and he has a job to do. This is exactly why the king wanted you to stay home."

Allahie just crossed her arms and pouted, despite her throbbing head. "He can't just do that."

"He can and will for now," Hawlor responded, "You need to learn to not overreact, mates or not."